19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. Little history on me 1st. Been riding 15 yrs on and off. Have had:
(2) honda cbr 600s
yamaha r1
99 & 03 Hayabusa
03 Harley Street Glide.
and ive taken the past 3yrs off :( But now its time to get back to riding

Probably picking up a slightly used 09 vulcan 900 custom tomorrow. Rode it yesterday and really liked it. She already has the following:
• Memphis Shades Windscreen
• Clear Alternative Clear Lenses
• Kurakyn Side Mount License Plate
• Saddle man Saddlebags
• Cobra Saddle Bag Supports
• Cobra Dragster Exhaust
• Thunder Manufacturing Intake
• Cobra Fuel Controller
• Blue Led Glow Strips
• Kurakyn Fold-Out Pedals
• Saddle Men Solo Seat

So? Whatcha think?

Will be looking for a smaller, better looking windshield, and a stereo shortly after purchase.

Ive been flipping through the forum all morning, found some good info. im 6'3 230 and felt pretty comfortable on this bike. Its got the Kurakyn pedals although I wish I could get a lil less bend in the knee. He also added different handlebars it looks like, so I may try to get a different set to have me reach a bit farther. Other than that, I love this rig. Just going to eventually put on a 200 rear after I burn though the stocker.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
WELCOME :D
Great looking bike, and all those goodies to boot. Post where you live and you may get a member or group that would love to ride and welcome you to the Wonderful World of the VULCAN BROTHERHOOD. ;)

This is a great site with a lot of great members who will do there best to keep you informed.

HAVE A GREAT FIRST DAY and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
657 Posts
"MAY-BE"!!!! Good Lord man, what are you waiting for? Hehehehehe... you'll be signing back in tomorrow to tell us about the new ride. Good choice!!! Welcome to the forum and always...Ride Long and Prosper!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In sunny warm Arizona fellas. Ive already missed the great riding weather which started (oh wait, it never stops) haha. Been waiting on my tax refund chk, but looks like the bank is giving me a temp loan so I can go it it this wkd.

Bike week AZ comin up quick.... two weeks! Thanks for the welcomes guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
private owner, 5967miles. What do you think is a fair price for the bike, considering the upgrades? Its cherry, I couldnt find a flaw on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In sunny warm Arizona fellas. Ive already missed the great riding weather which started (oh wait, it never stops) haha. Been waiting on my tax refund chk, but looks like the bank is giving me a temp loan so I can go it it this wkd.

Bike week AZ comin up quick.... two weeks! Thanks for the welcomes guys.

What part of town. I am in Peoria and have actually been messaging back and forth with the woman about buying those bags. I have seen that bike on craigstlist for the last month or so. They were originally asking like $5900 and now I saw a few days ago that they dropped it to $4,700.

I would see what is their absolute best price is. It seems like they are getting married and need the cash. Good luck. I live in Peoria and would love to ride with ya. The bike looks good from the pictures. I just never went out there because they are on the far east side.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would offer $4,200 cash. They keep dropping the price. I swear I have seen that bike for the last month or even longer on CL.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What a weird switch after your repertoire of bikes. You seem like you want power, even the DynaGlide speaks to that, so what made you drop down to a light-mid cruiser? Power delivery on this bike is decent up 'til 75 or so, after 80 the bike vibrates like a hoss, and acceleration isn't as linear. The bike can do well on the freeway, yes, but if freeway riding is your primary concern, it wouldn't hurt to stay in the power range you are used to -- I'd say move to a 1300+.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have been all over the place with my bikes havent I. Well the reason for the Busas wasnt necessarily the power. It was the comfort of the bike. Long low & heavy, easy to ride long distances. Wasnt quite ready for cruiser style. Not to mention, the Busas are considered touring bikes when it comes to insurance.

The bagger had tonsssssssss of power as it had a cammed up 107ci, but aside from the occasional ass whooping of a kid on his rocket, I didnt really push the bike often.

I have the Vulcan in my possession now. Day long test ride. :) quick hwy cruise, felt nice @ 75-80 which is fine by me. Quick check of stop to 60, actually surprised me considering what I hear on this forum. Its plenty fast enough for me. Back to the hwy with the wife on board, this is where I see it could use a lil more grunt, and a 6th gear. But I will consider the front pulley and/or the 200 rear which will be in my future anyway.

Ive had my days riding to Sturgis, probably wont do it again. Although I think this bike would do fine for the trip. A quick ride to San Diego or Vegas will be a pure pleasure on this scoot though and I look fwd to it. Id like to find just a touch more room for the fwd controls or seat if possible tho as I am 6'3 and its comfy, but could do with one more inch.

Now im off to go ride with my buddies on their rockets through a few twisties. 82 degrees & sunny....Im a happy camper, er, rider!

pic attached with me on it, doesnt seem like its too small on me

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts