Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2011 vaquero yesterday and I love even more than I thought I would. I rode it for a few hours yesterday and I didn't want to get off of it. Then today I rolled dice with possible rain and I got rained on on the way to work but it handled great and I didn't get that wet. It was down pouring all day and luckily it quit raining by the time I got off but the wind was blowing hard. My first bike was a Suzuki C50 and the wind would blow me around when it got gusty so I was unnerved with wet roads and high wind but once I got on the road this thing handled like a champ and I didn't even notice the wind at all. I was happy with the C50 but wanted some more comfort with the radio, fairing and cruise but I never imagined that I would love this bike as much as I do. It looks awesome, ride wonderful and it is a joy to open up on take off. I've never ridden a Harley but I don't want to pay for all their marketing and I cannot imagine that any Harley is any better than this bike, if even as good.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
We have a saying on here .... "with out pictures it didn't happen" .... congrats on the new to you ride.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
We have a saying on here .... "with out pictures it didn't happen" .... congrats on the new to you ride.
+1 on pics.. yes with the frame mounted fairing, it handles the wind nicely.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 on pics.. yes with the frame mounted fairing, it handles the wind nicely.
I never imagined that the fairing and the weight would make this much different but wow. I used to hate the wind in my C50 and it made riding so much less enjoyable, I am so impressed.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I had the same reaction. I knew I'd love the Vaquero; but man I had no idea just how much! Love it more every time I ride it.

Going on a cruise next week and all I can think of is "Man, that's 10 days without my Vaquero..."

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well I don't have pics of me I the rain but here's the bike.
So much want! Love your Vaq, I would love one just like it one day. I gotta say though, my fork mounted fairing steers into the wind automatically so it's good to hear that a chassis mounted one handles well to.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
needs to be biggy sized ....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, Cherry-Boy! So when does the first mod occur? :D
Well I already got the oil changed and had to put a battery on it, does that count? :D Otherwise I haven't sold my old bike yet but paid the sales tax already do my wallet is a hurtin. I want a passenger back rest/luggage rack, aux lights, aux charger and maybe some saddle bag protectors and new grips but for now the smile hasn't worn off my face yet so I'm content for the moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts