Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the black kawasaki tach for the SE,very quick and easy to install, and it looks pretty nice mounted on the bars.adds a nice touch. :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
I wouldn't buy a tach, till I got a cobra one for 50 bucks used. Now it works fine.

But other people actually have money to do with what they want. For them, 300 bucks is no big deal. I can respect that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like the kawi tach

I wouldn't buy a tach, till I got a cobra one for 50 bucks used. Now it works fine.

But other people actually have money to do with what they want. For them, 300 bucks is no big deal. I can respect that.
hello mr.clean, I whole heartedly agree,and yes $300 bucks was a huge deal to me their was no way i was going throw down $300+ for the kawi tach,i actually found this one on ebay, it was on a demo model and the guy i guess that bought the bike didn't want to pay the extra for the accessories, I got for $154.00 shipped to my door, still a little pricey but compared to what the actual retail was from several local dealers i thought i got a good deal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I ever do decide to buy a tachometer it will cause me a bit of pain. I like the looks of the SE tach but feel it is wrong to have to buy something that should have been on the bike from the factory. The Vulcan and I know each other well enough now at 2,000 miles that I don't really feel the need for one at this time.

But that Flash2Pass garage door opener? That thing rocks. I can't believe I've riden this long and not had that convenience until just a couple months ago.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I ever do decide to buy a tachometer it will cause me a bit of pain. I like the looks of the SE tach but feel it is wrong to have to buy something that should have been on the bike from the factory. The Vulcan and I know each other well enough now at 2,000 miles that I don't really feel the need for one at this time.

But that Flash2Pass garage door opener? That thing rocks. I can't believe I've riden this long and not had that convenience until just a couple months ago.
hey nacho, I agree with ya bunches,if it wasn't for the deal i got on it,I would have done without.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
+1...

I just checked pricing for a chrome Cobra - and a Kawi unit. $220 and $300 shipped. Yeeeow! Maybe someday, but for now I'll keep using the "see no evil" unit. :D
Here's some pics of my Cobra tach on my 900 Classic. The risers give the tach a better viewing angle, but it would probably look perfect on a Custom.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Cobra actually lists two separate model numbers depending if you have a Classic or Custom. The tach mount replaces the left-hand riser cap, and the model listed for the Classic has about a 10 degree angle as shown in the photo.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Alls I know is this time of the year and the same in the spring, I need to cover the darn thing with scotch tape. Perfect view of the sun when going home from work otherwise. Perfect view of the sun and nothing else that is. WHY we choose to put mirrors all over our bikes I don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Alls I know is this time of the year and the same in the spring, I need to cover the darn thing with scotch tape. Perfect view of the sun when going home from work otherwise. Perfect view of the sun and nothing else that is. WHY we choose to put mirrors all over our bikes I don't know.
I guess we all need something to complain about. With you, it's sunshine.:confused:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
BSE, that tach looks great on there. Nice job. Sure beats looking at the black back of my headlight housing. It always looks like there is something missing there. Wow. How 'bout them mirrors? They look lethal. I'm afraid I'd have to wear eye protection while working around the bike.:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i like the kawi tach

sorry guys for getting my pics in the wrong place or the posting on another post or something somewhere with sunshine or heck i dont know i think its time for a cold one.you guys have great weekend of riding im gonna try too. BE SAFE!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts