Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that I have to put the bike in neutral to start the bike. Even if I pull in the clutch it will not start. This sucks if you happen to snub it at an intersection or a tight turn around. Has this happened to any one else? If so, solution?

·
Registered
657 Posts
The only time I need mine in neutral to start is when the kick stand is down, otherwise... no problemo!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kick stand was up. snubbed it on a very tight turn around and I had to put it in neutral to start the bike even with the clutch pulled in. I took it to the shop and they could not find out what the problem was. Just thought I would throw it out there before I take it back in.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Couldn't be the kickstand safety switch, or ya wouldn't be able to keep it running when you put it in gear... Hrrrm... I know my '08 Custom will start with the bike in gear, so long as the stand is up and the clutch is in, so that sounds odd.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife's 900 had the same problem after we added risers to her bars. I re-routed some of the cables and lines to give them some slack, but the wire harness to the left side handlebars seemed alright so I left it alone. It ended up puling loose a connector just under the middle of the gas tank. There's a set of connector blocks under there that parts of the wiring harness run to. I ended up just unbolting the tank and sliding it up and back just enough to get at those connectors. Plugged the two wire connector back in and all was fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts