Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in New York and have been bombarded with snow all winter and I havent rode my bike in about two months. I like to ride in the winter but this is just rediculios. I am having withdrawl symtoms from not riding. Did get to go to the International Motorcycle show in N.Y. City which was great. I asked the Kawi guys why no more V2K and he told me that the main platform which is now the 1700 is less intimidating for the general customer and is easier to turn and handle in parking lots and stuff like that, What ever!!!! But I have to admitt I did like the voyeger and loved the new Vaquero. I also liked the new Victories and Triumph T-Bird. Lots of nice stuff out their but Im keeping my big beast. Anyway hope spring gets here soon because I dont know how much more I can take of this.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Living most of my life in Missouri and last 15 years in North Carolina. I have seen my share of snow and at times hated it. Now that I live in central Florida I love the snow :)

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Supposed to be 70 here today. Looks like these front keep droppinpg east of us, then coming back up the East Coast. I'd like a little snow, enough for that one unexpected day off when everything shuts down here, then you guys can have the rest. Think of it this way, after being cooped up all winter, you'll enjoy the Spring and Summer that much more. (I'm sorry, I don't even buy that crap!)

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
snow.. nothing that a good beer can't fix

Living most of my life in Missouri and last 15 years in North Carolina. I have seen my share of snow and at times hated it. Now that I live in central Florida I love the snow :)
goof, snow looks good on you. I like snow. 2b somewhere else. you can keep it. I did my time, 28yrs in mich. and no, I don't miss it. or the cold and ice or rain. or all that brown and black slush seeping in your boots. not to mention all the salt your car can eat. or the nonstop dreary overcast skies. its no wonder everybody is so depressed. or in need of anger management. its a wonder with all the gun owners up north there isn't more carnage. says something about guns.. and owners. sorry, we were talking about snow. on a beasty hot day, ok a snowcone..or a cold frosty beer!:beer: out, ponch

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I moved to arizona ten years ago, I envisioned driving up to flafstaff a few times a few times A year to get in my fix of snow and skiing...its only A 90 minute drive from where I live...I did the snow trip twice in ten years lol...hell I can't even tolerate much below 60 degrees anymore yes I have got soft living here....and can't handle much more than one day of no sun I am much more upbeat and happy with the sun being out most days anyway I feel for you guys as I know how much winters can suck. Hope you guys get an early spring.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
azman, 90 south puts you in Sedona or.. Jerome? kick butt country. did some tooling around there back early 90's. at SnoBowl, learned to ski (the right way). Arizona landscape is very interesting as elevation steadily climbs from mehico all the way up to the canyon. lots of desert riding and camping. and snow too! out, ponch

·
Registered
81 Posts
azman, 90 south puts you in Sedona or.. Jerome? kick butt country. did some tooling around there back early 90's. at SnoBowl, learned to ski (the right way). Arizona landscape is very interesting as elevation steadily climbs from mehico all the way up to the canyon. lots of desert riding and camping. and snow too! out, ponch
No I live in far far north Phoenix. I love it- as I can be in the Mountains in no time. Sedona is about 75 minutes and Flag it just another 15-20 minutes north of there. Our 75mph speed limit makes the drive pretty fast when you are doing 80 or 85. Like you said our landscape is very diverse. Utah, Colorado, Nevada and Cali all within a short reach for me as well.

This lake is about 15 minutes from my office. Temp drop 10-15 degrees on this ride which is nice in the summer time- lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Three years in Nebraska (snowed, but usually didn't last long), four in rural Minnesota (snowed lots, stayed around all winter, followed by spring thaw floods), very rarely snows in this part of Oregon and otherwise can ride all winter dodging the many but occasional raindrops! Sympathies to you riders who are snowbound - if I never see another snowflake that will be just fine!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
55 years in CCCanada is enough cold for me. -35 degree weather and who knows how much snow.Anyone have a spare room ,shed or blanket space for me in the sun.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
55 years in CCCanada is enough cold for me. -35 degree weather and who knows how much snow.Anyone have a spare room ,shed or blanket space for me in the sun.
birdmanofcanada, spread them wings n fly south. finaly! the sun busted thru today and we hit 75f. now this is what winter in texas 'spose to be like.
there be room in the bike barn at the lake now that the goose n betty are holed up in rent garage and I keep the redbear'n at my shop. its a cozy 8x12 room 'nuff for you n yor skooter.
'spect we will see much better weather here on out till she be hot'ern hades 4 we knowd it. out, ponch

·
Registered
563 Posts
I hate snow too

Man someday I gotta move south!! I spent two evenings this week shoveling the snow off of the roof of my house and then the garage. 2 1/2 feet deep up there, and then I had to shovel it off the deck and then snowblow it off the driveway. Well at least I got some exercise! Spring will be sweet when it gets here (if it does not flood). Storming again tonight, major highways closed, but my V2K is safe and sound under its cover in the garage. At least I got my passenger seat back from Mean City Cycles, looks like factory but 5 inches wider. My passenger should be much more comfortable this year

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the invite Ponch ,but my wings are froze up and won't be leaving the garage for at least a couple more months.Nice lake ,about 3 feet of ice on the lakes here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts