Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else not happy with their Mustang Seat? I have a stocker that has been recovered and new foam put in it and a Spencer's Great day to ride seat for my 1500 and they are both both better than this Mustang on this 900. I went on a three day ride and I've been two days getting over it. Never had that kind of problem with the other seats.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Mustang seat when it was new. Right after I got it I thought I had wasted my money, because it didn't really feel any different than the stock seat (other than seating position), and I could ride only slightly longer than the stock seat. But after a few 2-3 hour rides, it began to feel much better than the stock seat. What I DIDN'T do was start on a long ride with the new seat, so I can't speak to what that would have been like (not too good I would imagine). My experience is the Mustang seat has to be "broken in" first, before it becomes comfortable enough for longer rides.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hate to love

I just installed my mustang seat with backrest and I love it. No comparison to stock. I've had two back surgeries and the backrest is what really helped me.

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
My ass likes it so I'm happy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which Mustang seat do you have? They make a few different ones.
I think it is the wide tour. I'm not sure of the number but I know that foam is way too hard for my old keester!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've got a mustang seat on my 06 mean streak, it's comfortable on the butt but the sharp back to it pushes on my belt line and can get uncomfortable after a while. Less of an issue when I ride with the back rest, naturally, but I prefer to go without that unless I'm going distance on the freeway...feels more free!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll save you from that shitty seat by taking it off your hands and even pay $200 for the favor! I'm nice like that.
I appreciate your generous offer but I don't need my butt burned and hurting:grin2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts