I love riding my bike
but shit.. i doubt i take care of him like im supposed to
im waiting for the oil drain pan i ordered so i can do some oil & filter change
i know how to lube and clean the chain
but i feel like im missing a lot and i dont want my bike to die on me

·
Registered
902 Posts
Huh? You don’t have to feel dumb or be a master mechanic to own a motorcycle. Other than trying to keep it decently clean (especially if you ride a lot and in all kinds of weather) just follow your scheduled maintenance, in your owners manual. Other than that, there’s not much to worry about. Enjoy your bike!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You "Ordered" a drain pan? Don't they have Auto Parts stores in Israel? Any pan that will hold 2 Liters will do. Doesn't have to be anything special. And like VulcanHead already mentioned. You just do what you can to keep her clean and change the oil as per the manual or more often like I do. Check the chain slack and either adjust it yourself or have it adjusted if you don't feel comfortable doing it. It's really not that hard. Other than that just ride. That is the most important thing. I can't wait until I can take her out of the garage again. It's been way too long. Almost 6 months since I have ridden.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Had 3 days of mid 60's and sunny last week. It was a tough choice . Go riding or job hunting 🤣🤣🤣. I even went and test rode a Zero. It is wickedly quick and so quiet. But I kept reaching for the clutch. Ran the charge down pretty fast but had "an illegal grin" as John Prine would say

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You "Ordered" a drain pan? Don't they have Auto Parts stores in Israel? Any pan that will hold 2 Liters will do. Doesn't have to be anything special. And like VulcanHead already mentioned. You just do what you can to keep her clean and change the oil as per the manual or more often like I do. Check the chain slack and either adjust it yourself or have it adjusted if you don't feel comfortable doing it. It's really not that hard. Other than that just ride. That is the most important thing. I can't wait until I can take her out of the garage again. It's been way too long. Almost 6 months since I have ridden.
I could get a pan here.. But it would cost like 3 times more

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started riding when I was 11, 68 now, and I'm still learning things about my bike. I have yet to master my digital speedometer on my ZX1400, so there I admitted it... all the mechanical stuff is fairly easy.

There are no stupid questions, only stubborn riders. Folks do say that the google can solve all but there's nothing like getting an answer from someone in your forum whose gone through the same issue. Stay safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts