·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tenminimum

·
Registered
9 Posts
new Bear Air... horn. autozone $39. located this baby in that big cavity between the coolant tank and beltdrive. outasite. No hardpoints to use for mounting, so I just belly straped it to the coolant tank and top straped it to the swingarm pivot tube. its in there solid w/no where to go.
seems loud in the shop. will try it on the road today. Has a very high pitch sound like a TRAIN when approaching a RR crossing. maybe that's the ticket. Have them cagers thinking they have a rendevous with a train in their immediate future?. out, ponch
What about wiring, did you use a relay or ??? and what kind of straps?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I just got an air horn (early Fathers day gift) and was looking for a place to put the compressor. Found a spot right behind the starter or do you think it would get too hot there?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
You sure that thing isn't gonna blow the belt right off that pulley when you give it a good blast?:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Im gonna have to check out this big cavity in front of the rear wheel.maybe i can put a pet carrier in there and take the dog with me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Ponch, if you hook the power to the horn the wrong way does it get realllly quiet when you hit the button? Have you seen those new stainless steel ty-wraps? They'ed work great in your application.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ponch I took your advice (sort of). I ended up installing the compressor zip-tied behind the starter but I found something called hurricane tape which is heat resistant to 200F. Wrapped the compressor in this stuff and after a good test run it felt way cooler than the starter which it is strapped to. This horn works great - for a change now I can hardly wait until the next time I get cut off or run out of a lane, they will DEFINITELY hear this horn!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Well I guess that's one good thing about way more gun control here up in the great white north. Not too many granny's packing heat up here!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts