Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hypercharger missing items?

I just got my Kuryakin Hypercharger. Is does not include the vacuum hose and T-adapter. Is this normally, included? This forum has great instruction on how to install the adapter and the hypercharger. It noted that one is included... am I wrong?

Also, the adopter kit doesn't come with a gasket?

·
Registered
224 Posts
those parts should have been included with the Hypercharger as far as I know,when I got mine everything was included for hookup...I didn't have to purchase anything extra.Contact the company where you bought it from and let them know....they should send you the missing parts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
those parts should have been included with the Hypercharger as far as I know,when I got mine everything was included for hookup...I didn't have to purchase anything extra.Contact the company where you bought it from and let them know....they should send you the missing parts
Same here .... all included with mine as well, it hooks up to the rear of the hypercharger off the bottom of the T. The gsket is self explanetary.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted the manufacturer as well as Phat Performance. I guess the new adapter kit does not come with gasket for vn900. Manufacturer suggested using grease. I think that is bad idea, as it can get sucked in to intake. Phat Performance was nice enough to open a new package to see if my kit was just missing a gasket. The one they opened was same... no gasket. They suggested using silicon to seal. This is better than using grease, but I opted to use a real gasket. Since I could not find one readily and I was not about to wait another couple of weeks, I decided to make my own gasket. I did some research and found that folks making own gasket all over the place... especially folks building custom hot rods. Also look at some youtube on how-to. There is a guy hammering the paper against the machined metal. That didn't look right, so I looked at couple more and found a good instruction.

After I found out what material to buy, and how to make one, I went to local auto parts and bought gasket sheet. Got 1/16" Fel-Pro Karropak material and made my own. Made the first cut out of plain paper and once I got a good fit, I used the plain paper template to outline on the gasket paper. Perfect fit.

So if you ever need a gasket, all you need are:
Gasket sheet-about $5 for a huge roll
sharp scissor
hole puncher (for paper)-I got one that does single hole from office depot. You can look through the bottom of it to see the outline of where the hole needs to be.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mine did not come with a gasket also. i didnt make one for it either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts