Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Depends. How are your welding and fabrication skills? Basic rule: If you have enough welding rod, time, money, and Bondo, pretty much anything's possible.

Just eyeballing my 900 it looks like fitting a 900 engine in a 900 is a heck of a thing, but hey .... the future belongs to the brave, eh?

The thing is, people forget that more displacement = more weight. The difference in performance between your 500 and my 900 probably isn't nearly as dramatic as you'd think. And if you add nearly double the engine, you have to rethink the whole suspension. I'm guessing that by the time you were done you'd have spent way more than it would take to sell the 500 and buy a nice 900. That might explain why you don't find dozens upon dozens of forum threads and YouTube videos about, "My Super-Kool Engine Swap."

Then when you go to sell it you have a .............what is it again? Who did this conversion? Yeah .... um ...... well, I dunno, I gotta think about it. Maybe check with my wife. And if she says, "Yes", maybe check with somebody else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lmao well said. I appreciate the advice. Maybe I should just look into a new Vulcan lol. Or venture into a different bike all around

1 - 3 of 3 Posts