Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nov of 2010, was sitting looking at my 09 900 custom. decided that she needed some work. ive never been the one to keep anything the way it was. after a little looking i knew the route i wanted to take. i have done everything myself in my basement. with a little help from friends its almost done. still have to make a seatpan, make a taillight/brakelight, and paint the parts i just fab'd up. lemme know what yall think.

here is before.

and here is current (still a little work to be done)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cool man, I love the air cleaner cover. I like the bobber style, I think some white walls look badass on that bike.

Please post up more pics when you get her done.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
jp, goes to show what you can do with a lil 'magination.. and some elbow grease.
consider relocating that rear brake caliper to inside the swingarm.
also take a hand file to the calipers and file off the tokico labels. then black them out.
I was able to relocate the rear brake master cylinder (resevoir) to up under the right side cover. it just fit there. outasite.
the more stuff you can pull of the bike, the cleaner it becomes a true "bob job".
btw, lookin good. out, ponch

·
Registered
941 Posts
Love it, gave me man quivers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool man, I love the air cleaner cover. I like the bobber style, I think some white walls look badass on that bike.

Please post up more pics when you get her done.
thanks man, im looking into some spokes (powder coating black) and some white letter tires. would love to have that look.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jp, goes to show what you can do with a lil 'magination.. and some elbow grease.
also take a hand file to the calipers and file off the tokico labels. then black them out.
I was able to relocate the rear brake master cylinder (resevoir) to up under the right side cover. it just fit there. outasite.
the more stuff you can pull of the bike, the cleaner it becomes a true "bob job".
defiantly going to look into that caliper relocate. thanks for the feedback! much appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you use the original brake caliper bracket or did you need to do some fabrication. Looks good and would love to do this mod.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Did you use the original brake caliper bracket or did you need to do some fabrication. Looks good and would love to do this mod.
ck, original bracket. rotate the bracket and caliper forward and note all the places the swing arm interferes. mark w/a black marker. cut away what you dont need.. most of it. use grinder and a file to close in the last tolerances. lots of fit and refitment till you get it just right. Its not a rocket science project. maybe a few :beer:s worth. If you want this look, then push yor comfort and skillz envelope. its do-able. ponchout

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
jpikey85, do some close measuring before you get too excited about Poncho's rear brake mod. I may be mistaken, but isn't that a VN2000? Geometry may not be the same (although the close up of the swing arm looks similar).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine is a 900. i havent tried it yet. working on finding some spoked wheels instead of the custom.

the extremely long and neverending list of mods i wanted to do has only a few that dont have a line through them now though.

i need to find another set of nice pipes. currently running straight pipes with some lollipops i fabbed up in them.
my seat that i made is extremely uncomfortable, need to make a good pan and find a way to mount it better.
wheels as listed above.
and a programmer. waiting on pipes to buy that though.
everything else is done on it.

heres a new pic, sitting beside my room mates brand new custom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts