Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be moving to upstate new york soon and I had some questions for you folks that live in similar areas. How do you keep your bike and tools from rusting? Do you use a dehumidifier?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Did the Equator suddenly shift? When did WNY become Amazonic? I use my Air Conditioning about two months out of the year. :cool: I worry more for my cage rusting in the layers of salt they throw down in our never ending winters. Where are you from? Phoenix?? :rolleyes:

All joking aside we are nestled in between two great lakes and close to the finger lakes. We do get our fair share of rain... but Humid climate!!

My stuff don't rust because I keep it clean and dry. Use a lot of WD 40 on my tools and keep them out of the weather. If you want somebody to ride with my girl and I would enjoy showing off this great area. Just give a shout on my personal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I'm from colorado so it's quite a bit drier. I'll definitely need some people to ride with though we aren't moving until january

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I moved to MN from AZ. I didn't know what rust was... i sure do now! My tools, which i always kept clean, would actually rust in my toolbox. I was not happy. So, like reddyford, after cleaning my tools to put away, i'll wipe them down with some WD40.

As far as my bikes are concerned, just keeping it clean, waxed and lubed appropriately has worked so far.

The car, which is driven all winter in the snow, ice, and salt, is another story altogether. It will rust.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I lived in FL for 11 years, and the mid-Atlantic for more than 30. Buy good quality tools, keep them clean and rust will not be a problem. The same pretty much goes for the scoot.

What you need to prevent is humidity becoming condensation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts