Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the HR2 risers and they were just what I needed, but I've gotten frustrated with them. They loosened up and re-tightening them and getting them lined up is a problem. Maybe I'm missing something. The nut that holds the riser to the handlebar came loose, and in order to tighten it, the bolt to the triple tree has to come out. Then the nut has to be tightened in exactly the right place in order for the bolt to line up with riser. I re-did it many times before I got it right. I'm thinking about looking for a different set of risers or new bars. You guys that have these have better luck. I don't have anything on the threads, so maybe I go back start all over and do that. Thought??

·
Registered
347 Posts
I made a little jig by using a piece of flat-bar and drilled 2 holes in it at the correct spacing for the triple-tree. Bolt that jig to the risers. This will keep the risers from twisting around and messing up your spacing while attaching them to the bars. This was the second thing I did.

First time around I used a slide calliper and continually measured the bolt spacing on the risers (triple tree end) while I tightened them onto the bars. That was a bit fussy, but it also worked.

It was a pain the first time, but I love the risers, so I accepted the extra install time as a necessary evil.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hr2

I made a little jig by using a piece of flat-bar and drilled 2 holes in it at the correct spacing for the triple-tree. Bolt that jig to the risers. This will keep the risers from twisting around and messing up your spacing while attaching them to the bars. This was the second thing I did.

First time around I used a slide calliper and continually measured the bolt spacing on the risers (triple tree end) while I tightened them onto the bars. That was a bit fussy, but it also worked.

It was a pain the first time, but I love the risers, so I accepted the extra install time as a necessary evil.
As putsy as it sounds, I think you have the right idea. I'll give that a try. Here in Minnesota I'll have about 5 months to git er done. Thanks for your help.

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
As putsy as it sounds, I think you have the right idea. I'll give that a try. Here in Minnesota I'll have about 5 months to git er done. Thanks for your help.
I know im a little late but I installed a set of these a couple of weeks ago. I loosely fitted them together and got everything lined up on the bike and then used a grease pencil and marked some lines on the risers and the bars to show how they needed to line up. Then removed them and used blue Loctite and tightened them up completely and reinstalled them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts