Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big hello from Dallas.
Been lurking for over a year, and decided to say Hello. :D
This is a wonderful site with a great bunch of guys and very informative, also a real giggle at times, has kept me entertained for hours :).

Me, just an old computer nerd hence the Bytehead nic.

My bike: 09 900 Classic

My addictions: Riding, cleaning, and chrome, oh and did i mention I am a computer nerd, just about every electronic gadget i can find, yes i even have a permanent USB cable attached to the PCV.

I must be a real piker she is almost stock but i am working real hard to change that. :D

MODS:
BAK
Power Commander V
Cobra 2-1 Powerpro
Memphis Batwing + lowers
Baron Engine Guard
Cobra Radiator Grill
Cobra Regulator Cover
Saddleman Explorer Saddle
Saddleman Bags
Breakaway Throttle grip
Kury Power Point
A few shiny bits
Speedo Healer
Gas Gage fixed
Kisan turn signal canceler + Run, Brake, Turn
Fiamm Highway Blaster 125 db horn, soon to be Stebel Air Horn
SW Front Pulley on order
Darkside General Altimax HP 195/65 on rear

Had to rope her up she has a tendency to take off when let out. Hope you like her.

Enough about me, always up for a ride give me a shout and lets go.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Welcome Byte...LOL... roped up..good stuff. Keep it coming, we need some more laughs on this site. Used to live in Garland for a couple of years. Back when Dorcett was running the pigskin.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was born and raised in Garland. I have since joined the Navy and moved away, but my family still lives in Dallas (near Richardson Square Mall).

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all, lot of fun being here, and love to see the rest of the scoots. You guys have entertained and informed me for a long time, thought i would try to give something in return.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Big hello from Dallas.
Been lurking for over a year, and decided to say Hello. :D
This is a wonderful site with a great bunch of guys and very informative, also a real giggle at times, has kept me entertained for hours :).

Me, just an old computer nerd hence the Bytehead nic.

My bike: 09 900 Classic

My addictions: Riding, cleaning, and chrome, oh and did i mention I am a computer nerd, just about every electronic gadget i can find, yes i even have a permanent USB cable attached to the PCV.

I must be a real piker she is almost stock but i am working real hard to change that. :D

MODS:
BAK
Power Commander V
Cobra 2-1 Powerpro
Memphis Batwing + lowers
Baron Engine Guard
Cobra Radiator Grill
Cobra Regulator Cover
Saddleman Explorer Saddle
Saddleman Bags
Breakaway Throttle grip
Kury Power Point
A few shiny bits
Speedo Healer
Gas Gage fixed
Kisan turn signal canceler + Run, Brake, Turn
Fiamm Highway Blaster 125 db horn, soon to be Stebel Air Horn
SW Front Pulley on order
Darkside General Altimax HP 195/65 on rear

Had to rope her up she has a tendency to take off when let out. Hope you like her.

Enough about me, always up for a ride give me a shout and lets go.
what kind of rear tire do you have on it????

·
Registered
976 Posts
Looks like a General Alitmax to me. Goodyears tire looks a little different. You have Oxygen sensors on your pipes. I thought that was a European thing only.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome and safe riding. Very nice bike whats her name

·
Registered
8 Posts
the bike pictured isn't mine. i have an '08 classic which i am saleing if you know anyone that might be interested. but in the mean time i keep doing improvements to it. i am in arkansas and my bike does not have pipe sensors in it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Auggie, I believe in this message board when you enter in the reply or the quick reply box, the message just gets added to the end of the string. Your options must be set to notifiy you of a message posted into a thread you are watching. It will just notifiy you of the first post in that thread so if I answer after your post you'll get a notice that I answered. There could be several others posting after me but you'll only be notified of mine. So it may seem like I was asking you the question, but I actually hit the post reply on his message. It's a little different then on Delphi where the reply goes to whomever's reply button you hit.

I was asking about Bytheads bike where you can see in the pictures, oxygen sensors on the pipes.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like a General Alitmax to me. Goodyears tire looks a little different. You have Oxygen sensors on your pipes. I thought that was a European thing only.
MrClean the O2 sensor is part of the PC V autotune option, which is not functioning correctly and has been removed, have contacted POWER COMMANDER and they tell me i am nuts, it has to work, no the DYNO run(their machine) that shows way lean is incorrect, for some unexplaned reason the autotune is setting the map below, as in negative, the zero map but that cannot be happening so I am trying to guess what might be the issue.

Yes General Alitmax 195/65, love the tire. :cool:

RHKman her name right now is mud. :mad:
Seems I have hit the dreaded 900 stator burnout, lost it over the weekend, no charge at all. Not a problem though warranty is good, got to love the extended warranty, So that will get fixed soon.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Seems I have hit the dreaded 900 stator burnout, lost it over the weekend, no charge at all. Not a problem though warranty is good, got to love the extended warranty, So that will get fixed soon.
Watch them deny it because you haven't been changing the Stator oil with genuine Kawasaki brand enriched electron transcrubbers.

No, I'm sure they'll fix it right up.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
@ auggie - When you post something, at the bottom of the reply window you'll see a "Go Advanced" button. If you click on that, you'll go to another screen with more options.

In the box below where your text is, you'll see "Advanced Options" with a pulldown window for "Thread Subscription". This is where you can choose what kind of notification you prefer if any) with any given thread you've posted to.

Another 'quick and dirty' way is after you've posted, re-open the thread and go to where it says "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread. If you pull down that window, there will be an "Unsubscribe" button you can click on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got hit with the dreaded Stator Death too

Just an FYI...

From the various threads, it looks like Kawasaki doesn't have a very relaible/durable stator for these bikes. Mine just died May 23, 2010. My 2006 VN900 LT has 15.5K on it now.

I like to suggest to all out there that you add your "incident" to the known list of defects at the NSTSA/OSI--the agency responsible to initiating product recalls. Kawi really needs to give us better units than what's now available.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/

The more people complain, the more Kawi might decide to really fix this right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts