Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Older guy who decided three years ago to take riding lessons. Started on an '89 Honda 500, went to a 2007 Boulevard c50T, and just bought an '09 1700 Nomad. It's still at the dealer waiting for better weather. Had my wife out on the c50 and it would not be good for the two of us to go any distance on, that's why I went for the Nomad. Will be selling the Boulevard.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome aboard, old guy! The '09 1700 Nomad sounds like a geat choice - my bro and I (a couple more old guys) love our '07 1500 classics and the 1700 is just that much better.
Hey, check out the Vulcan Alberta Ride thread in the international section. Its pretty loose right now but if you read from the start you'll see what its all about - planning sort of a Vulcan gathering in Vulcan on July 17th, when there's also a show 'n shine going on there.
Hopefully the weather will be good enough to get your new bike out of the showroom by then!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Young Guy (your never too old!)
I had a collection of bikes in my teens and twenties. Gave them up for family life. after 20 year break, bought an 06 VN1500 Classic FI in 07. Then I rented a few bikes in my travels and tested an 09 1700 Nomad. I found it really comfortable, especially with the wife on the back. Bought one the next week and love it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts