Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been patiently waiting.. And finally got the wife to sign the permission slip, lol. I've got about a $1000 to hook up the bike give or take. What I wanna know is how would you spend it?!

I ride a 2010 custom special edition, debaffled with leather bags.
So basically its stock. I've got some ideas on how I wanna spend my money, but i wanted to hear what my fellow riders had to say...

·
Registered
370 Posts
What do you want to improve most on the bike?
I did the seat (Mustang) and 4" handlebar risers (Baron) that got the comfort part of the bike sorted out. I think the seat has to go.

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
I don't regret the $1,000 I spent on converting my 900 Custom into a bagger... my wife may have a different opinion though. ;) (I'm due for some ape hangers this summer...)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Personally I'd do a mustang seat with driver's backrest and new bags.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My first mod was cobra auto tuner pro and La Chopper air intake and my pipe! But this is my personal vison...
Sent from my GT-I9100M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't complain about comfort.. I love the stock seat, and as far as risers go I've looked into them.. My only thing is I don't want to bring the handle bars any closer. Which will happen with the stock handle bars, correct?
Because i do like the look of drag bars with like 8" rise. "THE SOA STYLE" lol

But what I was thinking of doing was....
If2000r, Some sort of intake.. Not sure which yet, And then potentialy the mephis bullet fairing/ or some actuall pipes instead of the debaffled ones..???

I'd like the Memphis bullet fairing because first off im a big fan of the cafe fairing look, and because of that trigger lock system I could buy a batwing towards the end of the season for the colder riding months. And switch back and forth. Once I get some more allowance of course. Lol
And my stocks pipes sound really good debaffled, there nice and loud, i cut the mufflers right out before the CAT. essentialy strait pipes, but I feel like I could squeeze out a couple Ponys out with a proper aftermarket exhaust and achieve a more custom look.
So I'm torn on that note. Do I go for a little bit of comfort and look with the fairing, or just all out performance?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Devils halo... What kind of pipe are those. I'd really live to find a set of shorty pipes like that and heat wrap em. It's tuff to tell in the little picture lol, but they look pretty sweet!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I made the mistake of burning some time at a local bike dealer today and would just about try to sell the 9 and move up a notch or two. May not be the time of year to try it though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Devils halo... What kind of pipe are those. I'd really live to find a set of shorty pipes like that and heat wrap em. It's tuff to tell in the little picture lol, but they look pretty sweet!!
Kinda custom pipes. I took some AF pipes and chopped them down. Stipped out the baffles and did some back pressure inserts. Then I double heat wrapped them to give them a bigger look. I call em jackhammers cause they are so damn loud. I like it though. More times than I can count ive racked the throttle to get someone to move outta my lane.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I did the math and $1000 would buy me about 12,500 miles in gas. I probably wouldn't use it all that way, but some of it I would. In fact, I have a ~2000 mile trip planned for next month.

If it were me, my first purchase would be a set of engine guards. I've said it before, but if you ever use them for their intended purpose, you can use the money you would have spent on repairs on something fun instead. I've done just about everything I want to to my bike but would consider adding a rear overdrive pulley. Right now I don't ride enough to justify it but I haven't ruled it out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd buy my wife some nice jewelry for letting me have the $$$ and then a custom paint job.. I know, I'd be like, "Um, hun, Remember the jewelry I bought you? Well I need about another $1000 to pay the sprayer dude.. I know, I know,, I went way overboard but I really wanted that paint job.... HUN? Can you unlock the door????? PLEASE??? Crap, move on over dog..."

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
So I've been patiently waiting.. And finally got the wife to sign the permission slip, lol. I've got about a $1000 to hook up the bike give or take. What I wanna know is how would you spend it?!

I ride a 2010 custom special edition, debaffled with leather bags.
So basically its stock. I've got some ideas on how I wanna spend my money, but i wanted to hear what my fellow riders had to say...
$1000 bucks ... $999 on wine, women and beer, then i would waste the other $1 on something frivolous.

Serious though, if momma rides with you, a back rest and a decent seat, if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd buy my wife some nice jewelry for letting me have the $$$ and then a custom paint job.. I know, I'd be like, "Um, hun, Remember the jewelry I bought you? Well I need about another $1000 to pay the sprayer dude.. I know, I know,, I went way overboard but I really wanted that paint job.... HUN? Can you unlock the door????? PLEASE??? Crap, move on over dog..."
:D haha.. Ain't that the truth.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts