Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to turn my 2009 Vulcan Custom SE into a beast. Mostly a bobber or something different from everyone else. Something the public is left wondering what the hell is it but they at least know its bad ass. Here is my plan and any help appreciated;

1) Pipes - Done
2) BAK - Done
3) F2000 - Done
4) Seat
5) Rear fender
6) Lower rpm's in 5th gear
7) Paint rims
8) New tires
9) Open for suggestion
10) Open for suggestion

First 3 are done. Its nice but pops a little on decal and thats aggravating tho my mechanic said its normal. Seat and fender I want to go BlueCollarBobbers. Does this particular bike look good with it? Is there a cog recommendation for better RPM's in 5th gear to cruise smoother? Powder coating the rims poss gloss black but some color be cool like the color of the head covers. Good or bad idea? Tires,whats best size and brand cost no barrier.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Rob

PS:I will post pics as I progress. Here it is as I bought it in May.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Going for a bobber in my opinion wouldn't be different. There are a lot of them around. If you do a search on here you'll see plenty of bikes that have done the blue collar bobber route. If you want different then you're going to have to think outside the box. Custom fabrication and adapting parts from other bikes/manufacturers etc. I, personally, am not a big fan of the BCB set up. If you are then have at it. But it won't be different. And it will only border on bad ass.

What kind of skills do you have? Are you doing the work yourself? Having someone else do it? What's your budget? I have plenty of ideas but not knowing the above answers limits them.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You could get a custom paint job for around $500 bucks if you take everything apart and bring it to the painter. You can get wheels powder coated for about $75 each if you take them off and bring them in. Get an aftermarket exhaust, lowering kit for the rear. Maybe some different handlebars. You could do all of that for about $1200. Maybe an aftermarket seat too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going for a bobber in my opinion wouldn't be different. There are a lot of them around. If you do a search on here you'll see plenty of bikes that have done the blue collar bobber route. If you want different then you're going to have to think outside the box. Custom fabrication and adapting parts from other bikes/manufacturers etc. I, personally, am not a big fan of the BCB set up. If you are then have at it. But it won't be different. And it will only border on bad ass.

What kind of skills do you have? Are you doing the work yourself? Having someone else do it? What's your budget? I have plenty of ideas but not knowing the above answers limits them.
There is not a lot in my color. None on BlueCollar either. I do have skills but being an exec I don't have time. I have many problems but money is not one of them. So no limits.

@DoomCrewInc

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could get a custom paint job for around $500 bucks if you take everything apart and bring it to the painter. You can get wheels powder coated for about $75 each if you take them off and bring them in. Get an aftermarket exhaust, lowering kit for the rear. Maybe some different handlebars. You could do all of that for about $1200. Maybe an aftermarket seat too.
I could but I like the color scheme personally. It is different looking. Here is my plan. Let me know if you like it please;

1) Black blue color bobber seat
2) Black blue collar fender
3) Blacked rear signals blue collar
4) Side relocation license plate blue collar
5) Max over size tires to fit under fenders in whitewall
6) Handlebars I like
7) Powder coat wheels gloss black
8) Orange red trim the rims like the new green customs to match orange red head covers
9) Need belt cogs to lower rpm's (front and back needed?) Sizes?
10) Open to suggestions

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
847 Posts
If my time was limited and I had plenty of money I would take it to a custom shop for renderings as to what could be done pick a rad one and go for it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
You can just powdercoat your stock rims. Cheaper than buying new ones.

Did you get my PM?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can just powdercoat your stock rims. Cheaper than buying new ones.

Did you get my PM?
Got your email and PM. Just trying to figure out the best direction to go. I want to do it right the first time. Just waiting on replies from this post.

Thank you. And I think the stripe seems to be vinyl but clear coated. Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Here are some of my favorite 900's. This should give you a start on what way you want to go in your customizations.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts