Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys first question since i join, how do i remove the seat? and the gas tank? its a 2006 vulcan 750... thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
If it's anything like my '05 Nomad, there is a screw behind the passenger seat that holds a bracket to the fender. I have to take that off first, then I can get to the driver's seat. Front of the seat locks itself in from the front. So basically, I pull up on the rear of the driver's seat, then pull back toward the rear of the bike. I've only done it once though, so I may be a little rusty on the instructions.

I'm not sure about the gas tank. Never been that brave. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
open the hatch behind the seat, there's two bolts. Use the 10mm socket in your tool kit or one from your handy-dandy socket set and loosen them enough for the seat to come loose. Lift from the rear and hold on tight and remove from the bike. The tank is another matter.
I wouldnt mess with it unless you have a repair manual in your hands, or have it done at a Kawasaki shop. Why are yoou taking off the tank anyways? This is all explained in the owners manual. I'd buy one if I were you. good Luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are 3 bolts that hold on the Tank one at the bottom under the seat and 1 on each side of the the tank front bottom near the air boxes be carefull the gromets like to fall out don't lose them. I second the repair manual :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts