Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 14" Rifle (light grey) windshield recently. I'm definitely happy with it but I chose to keep the original short-dark shield in place too, for looks. So in other words, I took the short-dark shield off, installed the new 14" Rifle shield, and then put the short dark shield on next, with the original factory screws.

There's an occasional squeak, I think, from the two shields rubbing when I hit bumps. Anyone else experience this and found something thin to place between the shields to stop the squeak?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I would put a strip of 1 inch rubber tape across the bottom of one of them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I would put a strip of 1 inch rubber tape across the bottom of one of them.
And then pack some bugs, water, detergent , dust etc down in the gap. That should sort the squeaking out nicely? :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have the the 14" shield I ordered from the local Kawi dealer, it came with the metal chrome strip and a rubber strip to go between the two. I didn't like the chrome strip, it didn't look right on my green Vaquero so I took off the chrome strip and left the rubber in place and added the stock shield on over it. I've never had a problem with any squeaking nor and problems with anything get down between the two but nothing that a car wash or a water hose wouldn't take care of.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes I would think a little thin rubber strip would do nicely, I have little bits of rubber tucked in here and there also.......squeaking drives me nuts

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
That metal brace is to keep the windscreen from cracking at the bolt holes.... plus hold it secured correctly. If you don't have it, keep a very close eye on the bolt holes, especially the two outside ones... we have had it reported in here recently.... on a shorty windscreen on a Vaquero... Lots of fairing vibration with these 1700's...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts