Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ever see a sign similar to this, rest assured there's a great ride just ahead. Being a "flatlander" ( as my wife calls me) from south Louisiana, I had never seen such signs till going to east TN / western NC

This was taken on NC 80 at it's intersection with US 19 just east of Micahsville. From 19 going north to NC 226, it's nothing but beautiful scenery and twisty mountain road.

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
If you ever see a sign similar to this, rest assured there's a great ride just ahead. Being a "flatlander" ( as my wife calls me) from south Louisiana, I had never seen such signs till going to east TN / western NC
You have some pretty good scenic & twisty roads down in So. LA too Mark. Last April, buddy & myself took a little road trip out west from FL. We avoided New Orleans and spent a full day down in that bayou area along the Miss. river and SW area of LA. Had a nice Cajun supper at a real out-of-the-way rural restaurant. (Our young waiter was high as a kite!) I wish I could remember the name of it. Sometimes there was a little language barrier around there but that day was one of the highlights of our trip.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the twisty roads of south LA are due to the fact most were simply made to follow the bayous and all their turns. But I had NEVER seen roads so twisty where you could check your own brake lights.
Yes, there ARE places in south LA where English is (still today) a secondary language.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts