Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a trunk on my 07 Nomad. I can't find any hardware to do that. Anyone have an idea how I can do that? Do I need to have that custom manufactured?

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
You can put a Voyager trunk on your Nomad with factory brackets. I have a friend who has one on his 2010 Nomad. Might have to mod the brackets to fit an 07 1600 Nomad though. Might be something to check into.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you can weld, then an old Yamaha Venture trunk (and the rack that it mates to) are available on Ebay pretty cheap. It will hold 2 FF helmets.

It locks to the rack and comes off with a key.

I got an old one, repaired it, painted it. Works great. Got two of the racks and fabbed them up - one in solo rider position, one for a passenger.

Solo and Passenger setups

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have the wompus rack on my classic and he has a mount for the nomad.. It looks great!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went on ebay, found a rack with a backrest, the rack is held on with 4 bolts, and you can swap it for just the rack and just the back rest.

I then mounted the trunk on the rack by drilling through the bottom of the trunk and making flat stock that it bolts through under the rack. I added rubber tube over the bars on the rack and sandwiched it between the bottom of the trunk and the rack to make sure it didn't move, used nylok nuts and it's been there over a year without moving.

If I don't want the trunk on it's 4 bolts and I swap on the backrest and unplug 3 wires!

·
Registered
388 Posts
You can put a Voyager trunk on your Nomad with factory brackets. I have a friend who has one on his 2010 Nomad. Might have to mod the brackets to fit an 07 1600 Nomad though. Might be something to check into.
Thank you! I have spent a half hour searching to find out if a Voyager trunk would mount to my 2011 Nomad. This answer was most helpful to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Been a while but found a Wompus Rack, usually $235.00, and an older Corbin Trunk, usually about $1300.00, for (believe it or not) $25.00.
It's in the shop now getting painted so when I get it back I'll post a few pics.
Thanks for all your past postings.
Oh and by the way my bike is an 06 not 07 duh.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jealous

I never followed through with putting a trunk on the bike. I just purchased a couple of fairly expensive helmets for my wife and I. I'm going to need some place to lock them up when we leave the bike. Congratulations on a smoking deal. I will be looking again with new motivation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts