Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that the weather is cooperating I've been out in the early evening but get caught in some blinding sun.

I'm curious what is best for cutting sun glare in the early morning and evening.
I bought a helmet with a drop down visor thinking I would not have to worry about being blinded by glare but I was wrong. I've read about Super-visor which is applied to the inside of the face shield for about $20, this does not provide a clear view when looking through it. Some use electrical tape or scrap limo tint for a less expensive way out. What have you used and would recommend thanks in advance for your help.

Ron

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Sunglasses, FF with a drop down sun visor and a tinted shield! I also put two line of 3/4" electrical tape at the top of my shield so I can dip my head to shade the eyes when it gets to be too much. I carry a clear shield and change them out after sunset.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sunglasses, FF with a drop down sun visor and a tinted shield! I also put two line of 3/4" electrical tape at the top of my shield so I can dip my head to shade the eyes when it gets to be too much. I carry a clear shield and change them out after sunset.
I did the same thing with my glasses and goggles... darker shades make everything darker... you need to keep the light out of your pupils so you can make out details in the shadowed areas. A good visor is even better but most helmets don't have them....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I bought one of those vinyl shades that sticks to the window with static.
The kind I got isn't a solit tint but uses tiny dark dots to filter the light.
I have about a 2 in strip stuck to the bottom of my clear visor and I can tilt my head or adjust the visor to block a lot of the sun.

It also can comes off very easily if needed.

I also found a pair of cheap sunglasses at Wally World with a very thin ear piece that I wear.

Scott

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I just duck my head and put the bright sun behind the lip of my helmet. I like the electrician's tape, looks like a good fix, but I would only do that to a pair of shades as the example above and never put that on the drop down shades in my helmet. Before this helmet I used a pair of welding (grinding actually), because they were really, really dark; glasses behind a tinted shield to battle the evening sun. Now I just duck my head and focus away from the direct sun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts