Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Why is the recording quality so good. Make me wonder if it was set up, but any who. The first thing that went through my mind was some one must have yelled "HIT THE DECK!!!" But I guess the first thin to go threw his mind was the deck.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Considering the fact that nobody got hurt I can definitely say it would've been funnier to see the bike fall onto the deck of the small sailboat and sink it while the rider fell into the water and took an unexpected swim! I was expecting to hear that long drawn out synthesized monster sounding Ohhhh nooooooo that they always use to emphasize FAIL! :D

·
Administrator
12,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More on the story. Looks like he was a French motorcycle journalist and the bike was a 2013!

Story Link

Everyone is entitled to a bad day at the office, and for motorcycle journalists, that phrase usually means crashing a press bike during a bike launch or test. You expect to run that risk when you are riding hard at the track, or maybe on a twisty or unfamiliar canyon road, but a solo-crash on a deserted city street? Not so much.

Proving that you can never let your guard down, especially when it comes to riding along the water’s edge, our dear colleagues at the esteemed French publication Moto Journal got a quick reminder to mind the panniers.

With the 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A at over seven feet in length, some gorilla math puts the drop at 10 to 15 feet for our protagonist, who somehow drops directly into the boat along the pier’s edge. How he and the bike didn’t end up in the drink is beyond comprehension. Hopefully the only thing hurt was Lolo’s pride.

You have to give the folks at Moto Journal some credit for having some good humor and posting this video up to YouTube. No doubt, they will be the brunt of every other motorcycle publication’s joke for the next week.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
that explains the good film quality and why they were watching him so closely. I would imagine a plunge in the water with all that gear on (extra weight) would not be a fun experience.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Ouch!

Top Gear crashed a Koessingsag [sp?] CCX, a very high dollar supercar, on the highway a few years ago. Yowza.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Dang!
Now I have one more thing to have nightmare of!:eek:

He definitely did not have an awareness of his surroundings.
It reminds me a bit of that reporter at the MSF course that lays the bike down because she is focusing to hard on the camera.

This guy wasn't negotiating obstacles; he was looking smooth for the public.
Well; he was trying.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts