Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some good contact info for maw Kawasaki, I have a few things to get off my chest, I know its not going to be fruitful but at least I can say I tried. I really love this bike but at 14800 miles I should not be on my third new front tire and probably on my third back tire at the end of this riding season also, I should be getting around 40 MPG and not 30 MPG....

Sorry guys just needed to vent.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Good luck getting past their front line defense. The 'kids' they have answering the 'customer care line' will not let your call go any further. You can complain all you want to them, they will listen and then tell you to take the bike to your dealer.

The only way you will get Kawasaki's attention is with a lawsuit.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've been on the phone twice with them by calling the number on their website over the past month. 1st time I requested additional information about a part. The guy on the phone said he'd look into it and email me a picture. It never happened. Thanks to a member here I got the help I needed. It was a simple issue of looking at the part again on the website and getting the correct numbers. If he would have taken the time to help it would have been resolved on the phone right then. 2nd time I called was to query about the ECU recall and verification. The guy didn't know the replacement part number. (I already knew this because again a forum member stepped up and provided the information.) When I presented the information he instantly agreed. I have a feeling I could have rattled off any part number. A third question had them referring me back to a dealer. So my brief experience is they in no way follow up with you and it's obvious they could care less about your complaints.

I'd do your complaining here. It's likely a forum member will step up and give you a much better solution than you'll ever get calling Kawasaki directly.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Can anyone give me some good contact info for maw Kawasaki, I have a few things to get off my chest, I know its not going to be fruitful but at least I can say I tried. I really love this bike but at 14800 miles I should not be on my third new front tire and probably on my third back tire at the end of this riding season also, I should be getting around 40 MPG and not 30 MPG....

Sorry guys just needed to vent.
I don't know you or your riding style, but If there is nothing wrong with the bike as confirmed by your dealer then Kawasaki is going to assume you are hot rodding your motorcycle.

Kawasaki is going to take the word of the dealer and if the dealer says there is nothing wrong with the bike they are going to say that front tires don't wear out in 5000 miles unless you are throwing the bike into the turns and grabbing a lot of front brake when stopping.

They will say the same thing about the mileage. You must be accelerating hard and riding with the RPMs up high or you are in the wrong gear for the type of riding you are doing.

You really need to get your local dealer on your side if you want any satisfaction out of Kawasaki.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Your fuel economy does suck.I'm getting around 43 mpg.The stock tires are junk.Not sure what you put on for your second set but i'm going to try Dunlop E3.
Bill

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is it me or what. I've called them 1X when dealer said no way i could get new ECU. Literallly within 30 minutes they were shipping one to me.

Stop griping like a yankee and talk to people politely.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Is it me or what. I've called them 1X when dealer said no way i could get new ECU. Literallly within 30 minutes they were shipping one to me.

Could this have something to do with the fact there is an ECU recall in effect ?

·
Registered
497 Posts

I have to agree....some folks may encounter poor support, while others get excellent service - it all depends on the situation. My experience was very positive, and they could easily have told me I was SOL. The dealer that sold me the bike forgot to install a bolt on the saddlebag Guard. Not realizing that, I tied the bike down via that Saddlebag Guard twice. Each time, the saddlebag ended up cracked where it mounts to the Guard. The first time, Kawasaki (this same help # that I provided earlier) replaced the saddlebag under warranty. The second time was even worse. Not only was the saddlebag damaged, but also two plastic covers that surround the Saddlebag Guard (where it mounts to the bike), and the Guard was bent. This second occurrence is when I realized the root of the problem. The stealer that sold me the skoot swore up and down that his shop would NEVER let a bike go without ensuring all bolts were in place. I was getting nowhere with him. I called Kawasaki and they tried reasoning with the guy, with no luck. That's when they stepped up to the plate and replaced ALL the damaged pieces under warranty. We're talking over $1,500 in parts (not to mention the $1,200 + for the first saddlebag). The only caveat was that I had to have the parts installed by an authorized dealer (of course, I went to a different one). So, I can't say enough about Kawasaki service - they really helped me out. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Top K

I noticed you were retired from the corps. I just retired USAF. (84-09) Let me know if you ever ride down in my area.

(WBILOTTA.....BTW before i called Kaw HQ, 3 local dealers swore all ECUs were backordered and could not predict when they would be in)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts