Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will soon be doing a video on the KVS Ergo-Fit system and I need to collect some information and was hoping you all could help.

When I see the poster on the dealer wall regarding Ergo-Fit, it shows the KVS will accommodate riders up to 6' 4". I find this very hard to believe.

I am 5-11, (maybe closer to 5-10 as I have shrunk a bit over the years), and I fit perfect on the extended reach seat with the pegs in the mid-reach position. When I added the Corbin seat I had to move the pegs to the extended reach position as it pushes me a little forward, and I feel the same leg comfort as I did with the earlier set up.

Being somewhere between 5-10 and 5-11, and fitting best with the extended reach seat and mid reach pegs, I am betting that with the pegs moved to the extended reach position, I could be no taller than 6-0 or 6-1 maximum and still feel comfortable.

So my question is - for those of you taller riders, how tall are you, what ergo-fit configuration do you have your seat/pegs/bars in, and what do you think the maximum height a rider could be and still feel comfortable on the bike? (Please, just for the sake of simplicity, let's leave inseam out of this discussion).

Basically, with your help, I'm trying to figure out what is the tallest rider a KVS can comfortably accommodate. I know what Kawasaki says, and I don't think I believe it.

Thanks much for your help!

·
Registered
123 Posts
6’0” I have a Corbin seat with R&G adjustable foot controls which push the extended reach pegs 2 inches further forward.

I feel extended reach config accommodates 6 feet and anything beyond that will be uncomfortable. On the stock extended reach seat I felt that I was leaning forward to the handlebars, ie I felt like I had t-Rex arms :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im 1.78cm tall (5'10 ish)
I use the stock seat and the extended reach foot pegs. Everything else remain the same

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Thanks but which stock seat (reduced, mid or extended), and how comfortable do you feel in this position?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I’m 6’ and have extended reach seat with pegs in reduced reach position. My inseam is about 32”. I like it! Comfortable for most riding situations I encounter. Enough for me to be satisfied.
It’s hard to predict a person’s “comfort zone”. I’ve seen big people on small bikes who’ve said they feel comfortable on them. But looking at them riding the bike, you can tell that thing is way too small for the person riding it. But if they say they’re comfortable, who am I to argue?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assume its the mid reach. Here we dont get any option about the ergo fit thing. Its come with one option and these foot pegs rods

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
And all this means nothing unless you tell me how you fit on it, how comfortable you are, etc. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
6’3” 36” Inseam Extended Reach was a requirement(I started out with mid reach footpegs though); the Corbin seat pushed me too far forward, felt like my knees were above my chest. The Extended reach seat only lasted me 4,00 miles before the foam started deteriorating and the Extended reach seat was like sitting on a thin plastic plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
6’0” I have a Corbin seat with R&G adjustable foot controls which push the extended reach pegs 2 inches further forward.

I feel extended reach config accommodates 6 feet and anything beyond that will be uncomfortable. On the stock extended reach seat I felt that I was leaning forward to the handlebars, ie I felt like I had t-Rex arms :)
I am thinking of getting the R&G extension bracket. Did you move it up one or two inches from the stock extended reach position? I know it comes with two longer shift rods. I am 6'1" with a 32 inseam and I feel pretty damn crowded with the Corbin and the stock extended reach controls. I don't have any issued with the handlebar reach since I do have fairly long arms. You may want to try the reduced reach handlebars that may make things more comfortable for you.

That said, I think that if you get the Corbin Seat and if you are 6 foot and taller the bike feels cramped in the Extended Reach OEM position since the Corbin does push you forward.

I don't think the Vulcan S can be comfortable for anyone much over 6'1"

·
Registered
902 Posts
The two reasons I tried the reduced reach peg position was the midreach put my knees somewhat against those plastic pieces on the sides of the lower portion of the tank. And that didn’t feel good to me at all. The other reason is when I rode the KVS and then got back on my 800C, I found myself searching for the pegs with my feet, only to find I was reaching too far for them. So, the 800C pegs must be around that reduced reach area. It felt more natural for me. Luckily we can move all this stuff around on the KVS, to find our comfort zone. Unlike the 800C which is not adjustable from the factory. However, that bike is way more comfortable than the KVS to begin with. I agree with Indytom, I can’t see the KVS being comfortable for anyone much taller that 6’.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6’3” 36” Inseam Extended Reach was a requirement(I started out with mid reach footpegs though); the Corbin seat pushed me too far forward, felt like my knees were above my chest. The Extended reach seat only lasted me 4,00 miles before the foam started deteriorating and the Extended reach seat was like sitting on a thin plastic plate.

TexasNurse, what is/was your comfort level on the bike? In your opinion, in the extended/extended peg/seat configuration, what is the tallest rider that would normally be comfortable on the KVS?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm probably a tad just under six foot tall (with a 32" inseam) and was perfectly happy with the mid-reach seat and extended reach foot pegs (and mid-reach handlebars). Honestly I think it's all very subjective as to what fits a particular person so I don't think it's going to be very cut and dried trying to put it into a video.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
TexasNurse, what is/was your comfort level on the bike? In your opinion, in the extended/extended peg/seat configuration, what is the tallest rider that would normally be comfortable on the KVS?

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion, 6’-6’2” 32” Inseam. The problem arises in leg position. On long rides I would rest the back of my calves on the footpegs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am thinking of getting the R&G extension bracket. Did you move it up one or two inches from the stock extended reach position? I know it comes with two longer shift rods. I am 6'1" with a 32 inseam and I feel pretty damn crowded with the Corbin and the stock extended reach controls. I don't have any issued with the handlebar reach since I do have fairly long arms. You may want to try the reduced reach handlebars that may make things more comfortable for you.
I did the full 2 positions / inches forward. I almost changed the handlebars, but I was able to get enough reach by angling them down slightly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
653 Posts
It's a pretty subjective question.
I'm 6'3" with Ext. reach seat and R&G extension kit at +2".
I lay the bars down as low as I can without tank slap at full lock and I have no issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm 6'4'' with mid rech seat and ext. footpegs.
After riding for 30-40 mins sometimes my spin hurts :( Then I try to move back to sease it.
I think ext. reach seat would be OK for my but it's too damnd expensive. I also got passenger seat for mid rach seat and its hard to throw both of them away.

By the way where's your ext. reach seat? Maybe u willing to sell it :D

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I'm 6'4'' with mid rech seat and ext. footpegs.
After riding for 30-40 mins sometimes my spin hurts :( Then I try to move back to sease it.
I think ext. reach seat would be OK for my but it's too damnd expensive. I also got passenger seat for mid rach seat and its hard to throw both of them away.

By the way where's your ext. reach seat? Maybe u willing to sell it :D
WOW, at your height 1,93m or 6'4" I could never sit on the Mid Reach seat. I was sitting on that hump with my measly 6'1" 1,85m and couldn't stand it. You must have very short legs for your height :grin2: I would try and find an extended Reach Seat on E-Bay in your area. Even if someone would sell you an Extended Reach Seat in the US it would cost a Fortune to send it to Eastern Europe. I just sent a small package to my aunt in Germany and it was almost 100 dollars in postage. I can't even imagine what shipping a seat would cost. Probably more than the price of the seat itself.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts