Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a helmet you want snug, what about a jacket? Should it fit snug or be a little loose? Just got a first gear mesh and it's a little loose, not much though. Should I get next size smaller so it's a snug fit?

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I agree it should be loose to layer your clothes. Just check the labels. I seem to have bought the one that shrinks around the waist area.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it is armored, then it should fit snug enough so that all the armor is in the right places. I however do like my jackets a little loose to layer under then in cool temperatures. As always, it is a matter of risk assessment and acceptance. However, if you are not comfortable, you won't wear it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Whenever you're buying a jacket, if at all possible, try to sit on a bike that is of a similar style to what you'll be riding to make sure the armor is in the right places. My jacket feels funky until I sit on my bike, then all is well.

Also, if you're worried about snugness, some of the jackets out there have adjustment straps and buttons on the arms and waist.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Mine is really heavy leather, probably a 6 pound jacket, a little big but not too much. If it's cold I wear thermals under and put my rain slick over it as a wind breaker and I stay nice and toasty. My pet peeve is clothing that flaps in the breeze. 8 or 9 hours of that all day is like Chinese water torture.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it is armored, then it should fit snug enough so that all the armor is in the right places.

Just to follow up on this thread, the above was my concern. Shoulder pads were way off. So I bought the next size smaller. It fit okay, pads felt better position, but was snug. So I gave the larger jacket the once over and realized the armor was velcroed in an had 3 spots of adjustment. D'oh!!!

After adjusting shoulder and elbow pads larger jacket fits great! Just FYI for other newbies that may not know their jacket is adjustable

·
Registered
918 Posts
Keep an eye on sleeve length, too. I've tried on jackets where the sleeves were fine with my arms to the side; but once raised, the sleeves would hike up to my elbows. You def. don't want that. Not only does it look dorky, but it impedes turning, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts