Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 900 custom and I'm thinking about upgrading to a bigger bike. What do you all think i could get for the bike. It has 6800 miles, HID headlight, led rear blinkers, and been debaffled. It has a small 2 inch crack on the front fender and small scratch on the exhaust. Never been dropped.

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
318 Posts
$500 bucks. Ship it to me immediately!:D
Seriously, though, I just bought a like-new looking 2007 900 with 5100 miles on it, LT model w / OEM windshield, saddlebags, sissy bar light bar, red and titanium from a dealer for $5500. I don't know if that's a great deal or a crummy deal but It's about the going rate in the Kansas City area.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
224 Posts
considering the year/miles (addons stated won't make much of a difference in selling price) and defects(which no bike a few years old is perfect,normally)....as long as it runs good with no other issues you should be able to get$4,000 out of it to the right buyer

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
post a pic of it

I have same bike... paid 4350 and had 1700 miles on it. Had it almost 2 weeks.

Looks like it came off showroom floor only a few bolts had a little oxidation on them.

So, you could sell as is or fix the minor problems.

My seller wanted 5k but I bargained with him because I had just ridden a 2009 with low mileage and this guy wanted 5k as well plus had bags and windshield.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Where do u live?
Seems like they give them away in the U.S.A.
In Canada, the sky is the limit. We pay 6.00 for a gallon of gas...so, all things being relative...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
post a pic of it

I have same bike... paid 4350 and had 1700 miles on it. Had it almost 2 weeks.

Looks like it came off showroom floor only a few bolts had a little oxidation on them.

So, you could sell as is or fix the minor problems.

My seller wanted 5k but I bargained with him because I had just ridden a 2009 with low mileage and this guy wanted 5k as well plus had bags and windshield.

Nice bike btw!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Thanks!

I am in Central Ms.

I've had no problem finding bikes that are a few years old, barely ridden, on Craigslist, and in my area.

Bikes are made to be ridden... what is up with these people?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I got my '09 900 for $5300 with 2800 miles on it. Came with aftermarket seat, exhaust, saddlebags and crash bars. I've seen 08's with more miles at the dealers here for over $6000!

KBB has trade-in value as $3310 for 'good' condition and $4820 retail for 'excellent'. Now, with a private sale you are never going to get more than retail, but asking near trade-in seems about fair as that's all a dealer would give you at best.

Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Two weeks ago I was in a dealership messing around and they wanted to put me on a different bike bad. They were going to give me $4150 for my 2006 with 18k miles on it. It has a windshield, saddle bags, driver and passenger backrest, luggage rack, passenger floorboards, chrome stuff and is very clean. so make sure you spend some hours on it, to make it look clean. That will get you more money for sure.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought my 09 900 Custome new from the dealer in 2010 for $4995 due to a $2500 rebate from Kawasaki. However, I saw several simular at that time for almost the same price (if not more). I just happened to be at the right place at the right time for once in my life.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, im hoping to get no less then 4300 for it. We'll see what these dealerships offer me this weekend

·
Banned
334 Posts
Nice, im hoping to get no less then 4300 for it. We'll see what these dealerships offer me this weekend
Dealerships will give you Blue Book trade-in value, which is around $3200, and they'll resell it for $4000-$4500.

If they offer you more than Blue Book, you can bet they're making up the difference in the price of the bike you're buying.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/

Aftermarket accessories are nearly worthless at trade-in time. Put the stock parts back on, and sell the aftermarket stuff on Ebay. You'll save more money that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts