Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed after I refuel my 09 900 classic that it develops a leak out of the vent tube. How full do u guys fill your gas tanks when u gas up? I trickled it in after the pump automatically shuts off so I'm fairly sure I over filled it! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I always filled it to the bottom of the 'cup' there. On the side stand. And generally don't get gas right before returning home, I get gas at the start of the next ride instead.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I have filled mine up to just inside the filler neck/tube. No issues with it leaking from the vent tube. I always fill it to the same spot for monitoring fuel economy. :)

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Just as Romans said. My first fill up beyond the 'cup' resulted in some leakage around the cap. All of my fill ups since have been just to the bottom of the cup and there hasn't been any leakage.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I fill to where it's about a half inch into the cup, but I do so when I leave the house to go to work, so immediately after filling I have a 35 mile trip. I've never had any leakage.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I fill to where it's about a half inch into the cup, but I do so when I leave the house to go to work, so immediately after filling I have a 35 mile trip. I've never had any leakage.
+1, same here

·
Registered
729 Posts
I to fill to the cup, unless I am on a road trip out in the boonies. Then there are times I will put an extra .2 gal with no leaks. It came in handy on more than once.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I to fill to the cup, unless I am on a road trip out in the boonies. Then there are times I will put an extra .2 gal with no leaks. It came in handy on more than once.
Ha, same here, long road trips.. I try to squeeze as much as I can, but I am also riding right away... so not much of a chance for pressure to build up and leak by!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I fill to where the gas is just touching the cup on the stand. I have not had any leaks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts