Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to swap out the brake fluid on my 2010 Voyager and I looked in the maintenance manual but could not find how much fluid the bike needs.

Also, local parts store has the Dot 3/4 synthetic fluid made by Valvoline. The bike calls for Dot 4 so I'm wondering if the Valvoline stuff will suffice ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just did my clutch and brake fluids last weekend on my 2010 Nomad. I used Prestone synthetic dot 4 fluid. I bought two of those small bottles. I think they were 16oz. each. I have speedbleeders installed at all bleed points. They make the flush job absolutely brainless to do. I did not use the whole second bottle.
My clutch reservoir was very dirty, and the brake ones were pretty clean.
I completely recommend speedbleeders be installed. They are simply the easiest and cleanest way possible. You will need five of them, if your interested.
Hope this helps, Eric

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Planning to swap out the brake fluid on my 2010 Voyager and I looked in the maintenance manual but could not find how much fluid the bike needs.

Also, local parts store has the Dot 3/4 synthetic fluid made by Valvoline. The bike calls for Dot 4 so I'm wondering if the Valvoline stuff will suffice ?
That fluid will be fine. To flush and bleed all the hydraulics on a 1700 we go thru about 1 to 1 1/4 ltr.

RACNRAY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts