Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2006 kawasaki vulcan 1500 classic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So been struggling and found that maybe my tip sensor is bad but I can't find the volts it's suppose to read. It's a 2006 vulcan 1500 classic

· Premium Member
1,967 Posts
In the standard Voltage, sensors are supposed to be approximately 0.584 to 0.604V at the idle throttle opening. When it's fully open it should be 4.29 to 4.59V
He is asking about the Vehicle Down Sensor. I think you are referring to the TPS.

From the Manual:

Remove Sensor reconnect harness, using backprobe pins connect voltmeter positive probe to yellow/grn wire in sensor connector, connect volt meter negative to black/yellow wire. Turn ignition on, hold sensor so the side marked with an arrow faces up and read voltage. Tilt sensor more than 50degrees and read voltage Upright .4 ~ 1.4 volts leaning 50degrees, 3.7 ~ 4.4volts

Do not attempt to bypass this sensor as it activates the ignition circuit in the ECU.

· Registered
885 Posts
  • The same way the injectors are. The Yellow/Black wire (Yellow/Green on sensor) on T.O. sensor triggers an SCR (or three) inside the ECU to send all those signals to a low resistance ground. Like a three lane emergency off ramp or a express lane entrance in Chicago

· Premium Member
1,967 Posts
  • The same way the injectors are. The Yellow/Black wire (Yellow/Green on sensor) on T.O. sensor triggers an SCR (or three) inside the ECU to send all those signals to a low resistance ground. Like a three lane emergency off ramp or a express lane entrance in Chicago
I am sure glad you are not writing ladder logic for me.

· Registered
885 Posts
That would be a lot of space here and I don't really have the keyboard shortcuts for symbology. --|/|--|(--|M|--
The same thing for the resistor in the key switch. That resistor could have just as easily been put into the IC Igniter safety circuit. The Honda Common Service Manual has a pretty informative descriptor on the SCR controlled safety circuit for the ignition when used with sidestand cutout circuits.
Otherwise the fuel pump ground circuit comes through the ECU (pin 37 on the VN16 Nomad). No ground, No pump. The positive on the W/R wire comes from DFI main relay through the DFI main fuse. The same for the injectors and coils. W/R ready at key on and waiting for signal to complete the ground.
Come to think of it, I had a similar discussion way back and someone was trying to say the the ECU cutoff the DFI relay to shut off the coils and injectors when the T.O. sensor was active. I explained that wasn't possible since the T.O. sensor is powered by the DFI relay.
Is that better?

· Registered
2006 kawasaki vulcan 1500 classic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That would be a lot of space here and I don't really have the keyboard shortcuts for symbology. --|/|--|(--|M|--
The same thing for the resistor in the key switch. That resistor could have just as easily been put into the IC Igniter safety circuit. The Honda Common Service Manual has a pretty informative descriptor on the SCR controlled safety circuit for the ignition when used with sidestand cutout circuits.
Otherwise the fuel pump ground circuit comes through the ECU (pin 37 on the VN16 Nomad). No ground, No pump. The positive on the W/R wire comes from DFI main relay through the DFI main fuse. The same for the injectors and coils. W/R ready at key on and waiting for signal to complete the ground.
Come to think of it, I had a similar discussion way back and someone was trying to say the the ECU cutoff the DFI relay to shut off the coils and injectors when the T.O. sensor was active. I explained that wasn't possible since the T.O. sensor is powered by the DFI relay.
Is that better?
so if i removed the magnet is that sensor would that cause a problem?

· Super Moderator
2,995 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts