Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
it's bad juju to wish harm on a fellow biker...

...but I hope that a**hole ends up a greasy streak. That's ridiculous. The number of times I've almost had some doucher in a cage lane-change onto my head cuz they're dickin around with their damn phone would be impossible to count. He can cause just as much trouble for other bikers or someone in a cage by doing it himself. I literally just used all seven of George Carlin's seven words you can't say.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
Thats how my wife drives a car
and you let her do that?...not to wish harm but hope the rider/driver she eventually nearly kills takes both of you for every penny !!!!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I honestly believe when a person texts and drives they are more incapacetated then the person who is drinking and drive. I'm almost positive there is a study somewhere that backs that theory up... I think I remember reading it.

Well, I don't ever wanna wish harm on someone else. I sure hope he lives a long and prosperous life and that type of attitude towards motorcycle safety (we can argue the safety gear / helmet crap all day long, but I don't think anyone can disagree that leaning back and texting while on the freeway is a poor attitude regarding safety) isn't always going to result in that. And, like others have already said, it does make us look bad. People will see that, and then not think twice about cutting me off or doing something stupid because they think "Well he's a motorcycle rider, he doesn't care about safety anyway". And yes, I've heard that before! I talked to a guy who literally told me he'll pull out in front of bikes or run them over if they get in his way, because "I'm bigger than they are and they don't care about safety anyway".

But, what can ya do! If we can't make texting illegal in cars, which are a significant threat to others on the road, it's gonna be a long time before THAT is illegal...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Only 1 thing wrong here...

that guy on a bike. period. I *PRAY* he was on a closed course and doing a quick stunt pose for the pic.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey, you told me if I let you take the picture you wouldn't post it!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Romans, it is illegal here in NYS but it sure don't stop nobody. I've seen people texting as they pass troopers without a second look.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nothing wrong here according to a large percentage of American drivers. But as for me and those who drive/ride my vehicles............NOT PERMITTED!!!!!!!!!! All we can do to help eliminate this type of behavior is to ensure that those in our immediate circle are aware of our admonitions and see by our example that this is not an acceptable behavior. And then, for those others, hopefully there is someone in their immediate circle who will do the same as us, through admonition and example. And for those few still left, hopefully Darwin isn't their friend.

Interpret as you will to what I refer......no helmet, texting, shorts, incorrect footware, short sleeves (guilty of that one myself), no leathers, incorrect brand of bike for a Kawasaki forum (yes, evolving into the theatre of the absurd now).

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I posted this picture hoping to discuss the "all the gear all the time" theory from a different angle.
The type of rider pictured is not anybody I would want to ride with.
If he goes down, how could you possibly be any help.
It has me wondering if he treats his bike with the same care he has for himself.

King43, Darwinism will solve this, but it takes so long.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Actually texting while in control of a motor vehicle is illegal in Ontario Canada- $500 fine.
Yeah, but he'd actually have a pretty fair defense focused on the "in control" part of that law. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Ya cant fix stupid.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts