Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at possibly buying a 2001 1500 classic one owner 66000 miles. It seams like a lot of miles. Wondering what the life expectancy is

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
for a 19 year old bike with 66K miles that's an average 5589KM per year which is just over 1 oil change per year, which means that bike was not ridden that far in a year, sort of on the lower end, i would think bike life would be another 6 years and 36K more miles if fluids changed every 3K miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It seems like a high number but low for the age. I had one dealer say but something else and one said they've seen 170000

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking at possibly buying a 2001 1500 classic one owner 66000 miles. It seams like a lot of miles. Wondering what the life expectancy is
My 01 vn800 is still going very strong at 79k. If service had been steady, then you can expect well over 100k. If you're worried, run a compression test on each cylinder. That'll tell you quite a bit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just a tip.
Older bikes are fine but if you find one that has not been driven much, inspect the inside of the gas tank with a flashlight.
Ethanol has been used in gas for quite a few years now. If not used up quickly it can form condensation in the tank and the tank can rust.
That can be a big and expensive problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts