Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about how many miles have been put on your VN900, and how it's served you mechanically.

I'll start--

'07 LT, in Oregon, 11,700 total miles, no mechanical failures.

·
Registered
657 Posts
15,800 in 15 months...Mechanically sound (time for a valve adjustment check)...

·
Registered
306 Posts
11,000 on mine with no trouble at all, only complaint if i had to make one is the occational jumping out of gear when shifting to second.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have 1300 miles on my SE, bought it brand new 7 weeks ago.

As for problems, nothing mechanical (obviously since it's brand new), the forward heat shield has come loose twice and the front brake lever assembly has come loose once. I really love this bike.

Later,
Darknight

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
10,050 since last May. It would have been a lot more, but anyone who knows about the winter we had here in the midwest will understand.

In the spring I had a Toyota-like sudden acceleration problem that I tracked down to a problem with my right wrist.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought the 09 LT on March 20, 2010. I now have 2,600 miles on it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
23,000 on my 07 900 Custom.

Mostly trouble free but now I have strange noise that only appears on hot days that I cannot pin down. Sounds like a washing machine going off and on. I learned to live with the belt chirps, straight cut gear noise, and ticking sounds but this sound drives me nuts. Even with this weird sound coming from below it runs great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have almost 26,000 miles on an 07 Custom LT. Sometimes in the mornings when starting in the summertime, the idle is very slow and quits somtimes. takes two -three times to get it started. Idle is adjusted right and runs fine after a short warm up. I run 20w-50 and the only thing I can think that it could be the oil thickness. Im in Arkansas and ride 25 miles one way to work every day I can, even in winter. I dont want to give it gas to start but sometimes I do, just as little as possible. any thoughts?????

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
'08 900 Custom picked up new last April, and have 10,800 trouble free miles on it (if you don't count the crappy stock Dunlops as trouble, that is, LOL)

·
Registered
35 Posts
'09 Classic. 4 days old, 425 miles.

Only problem so far is that the low fuel light comes on (or goes off, if it was on previously) randomly after turning on the ignition.

·
Registered
238 Posts
1200 kms and 1 grease nipple (my own fault) pulling into neighbors garage....oooops!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
35100 on an 07 Classic. completely trouble free.
only complaint is like Sketso said, the useless dunlops.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have almost 26,000 miles on an 07 Custom LT. Sometimes in the mornings when starting in the summertime, the idle is very slow and quits sometimes. takes two -three times to get it started. Idle is adjusted right and runs fine after a short warm up. I run 20w-50 and the only thing I can think that it could be the oil thickness. I'm in Arkansas and ride 25 miles one way to work every day I can, even in winter. I don't want to give it gas to start but sometimes I do, just as little as possible. any thoughts?????
When I changed the oil in my wife's 98 Savage LS650 I used Valvoline 20W50 bike oil and it is some think stuff. The cold start RPM would be lower then before the oil change. If I keep it long enough for a 2nd oil change I am using 10W40 in it just as I do my 900LT. Except I use Kawi oil.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My "07" Custom had 1700 miles when I bought it last October. I was able to get a few fall miles on, but she was garaged pretty much all winter. (You know, Ohio) I now have 2300 miles on her. After being out of the loop riding for almost ten years, getting back on a 900 has been really great! My first and only other bike was a 1976 Suzuki GT-550. It was alright and a good first ride, but it can't compare to the 900. No porblems, no complaints. I really think it's just about got me broken in after a few hundred miles. I love this bike. It just really fits me and the kind of riding I do. Kawasaki got this one right! :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Bought T'Pol in March of 09 and put 4666 miles on her. So far this year I have put 2000 miles on her.

Those Dunlops - SUCK

I had an issue with getting stuck in gear and not being able to downshift. It worked itself out. Sometimes I think it is my foor getting caught between the toe and heel shifters.

It's been a great bike for me, I love her. I want a Nomad and I don't plan to sell T'Pol unless I absolutely can't afford both.

·
Registered
52 Posts
6600 miles on my 09 Classic since May 2010, no problems so far.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts