Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Vulcan in Feb 09 and so far have 8200 miles on it. What are the rest of you all at? I know I ride a lot...

T:eek:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I picked up my baby on 4/24/09, and I've got 4200 on her so far. I keep thinking I need to slow down a bit, but then the sun rises, and...

I commute on the bike though, PLUS throw in the weekend day trips. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
got my bike a little over 2 months ago. got almost 2600 on her now.

the real ringer is, is that iv only put 48 on my car since then also. lol

09 custom

·
Registered
122 Posts
i got 1600 on mine since may 1st ... i dont commute or anything on it just fun rides and getting aaround on the nice weekends

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I got my 1600 Nomad mid April and have almost 6000 miles on it now... I think this is normal pace for us as far as the bikes go. I have a 2002 car that only has 67,000 miles on it now :D used to be I'd have over 100k on a car before it was paid off in 4 years :cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought mine last September and I just turned over 7600 miles this weekend. This past WV winter kept me off the bike a lot more than I had hoped. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been keeping track since April 1st. So far 6,500 since then. I bought the bike with 900 miles in March 08 and have 14,000 on the odometer now. I am riding much more this season.

I typically ride on the weekends only.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i got mine the end of May and have 1800 on it now.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Got mine on May 1st, I'll have over 5,000 miles on it by the end of the day today. It's been a great summer for riding in the midwest...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems like we all put major miles on our Vulcans. I know other bike owners who has less then 3k and have had their bikes for YEARS. Go figure!

·
Registered
40 Posts
"no problem"

Had the bike a month now (2875 kms). The first weekend I went out Sat. morning having asked a friend if she would mind letting my dog (IGGY) out in the afternoon, "no problem", she loves the dog. I called her around 6pm "no problem", around 10pm "no problem", Sun. morning "no problem", early Sun. afternoon "no problem" and out for dinner tonight "OK". I did not have bags at the time so coat pockets included wallet, elec. razor, toothbrush, camera, cell phone with rain pants and extra shirt rolled up on the back. This is a three day weekend coming up (now have bags) and Sue said "no problem, no problem, no problem".

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got my 07 900 Classic in Nov 07 (0 miles) ---just hit 41,000---avg about 1950 a month--no long trips---just "therapy" going to work and going home---also did my 1st 60miles on the darkside today!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it is riding at night. A different type of riding/feeling altogether. I do both. Sometimes riding at night is very rewarding...but can be creepy...especially when you live out in the boonies like I do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Darkside is running car tires (ct) on the rear of your bike. I wore out the oem Dunlop rear at 6800, then a Metzler 880 at 23,000, then another 880 at 40,900. Now running a GENERAL ALTIMAX HP 195/65/15, --been about 160 miles since Wed am, and the bike feels better than ever, very stable feel. The bike will feel different on first darkside ride, not bad, just different--like riding a new bike---but I adapted to it really easy--I must say so far its handling great---maybe a just a little more countersteering in curves.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts