Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
100 miles a month or a bit less for 6 months riding. And that’s pushing it.
I don’t ride in the rain, high wind or cold, because I don’t need to. Purely recreational for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Averaging around 100 per month, sporadic based on weather :) longer trips in summer, lots of sitting still in winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I do 150 in only 6 days a month average I NEVER ride if forecast has more than 25 percent chance of rain. I think longest I ever went one way is 50 miles or so.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Did 150miles yesterday on the Roadglide; used to commute daily on my S, easily putting 1000 miles or more a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
I live in NJ so right now I'm not putting many miles on but I'm at close to 10k total in 22 months so around 450 per month average. Of course in the warm months I'm well above that but 450 is the overall average.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Average about 1,400 miles a month (when I had the S, same with the Z900 now). Four day work week, single and no kids so usually out riding three days a week. :grin2: Only thing that puts a damper on riding is rain, don't mind the rain itself so much but I absolutely hate cleaning the bike after riding in it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Average about 1,400 miles a month (when I had the S, same with the Z900 now). Four day work week, single and no kids so usually out riding three days a week. :grin2: Only thing that puts a damper on riding is rain, don't mind the rain itself so much but I absolutely hate cleaning the bike after riding in it!
Maybe a mud guard would help you

·
Registered
653 Posts
43,200km in 47 months
=919km/month
=574mi/month

Not a big fan of doing long haul riding. I commute 5 days a week and get out on weekends when it's not +40°C

·
Registered
494 Posts
43,200km in 47 months
=919km/month
=574mi/month

Not a big fan of doing long haul riding. I commute 5 days a week and get out on weekends when it's not +40°C
I wish I could commute on my bike, as do all the other riders here, but it would be a pointless tempting of fate to commute on two wheels and only a matter of time before my head exploded in the bumper-to-bumper traffic or I got killed by a driver in that same ridiculous traffic. I rode to the office once on a Sunday...once...I will NEVER ride to work again, even on a weekend!!

Fortunately I have the option to ride the train and as much as NJ Transit sucks I'm not in danger of being killed by an endless hoard of cars and trucks rushing to get into the Lincoln or Holland tunnels.

Ah, the joys of working in the NYC region while living in the Jersey suburbs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
43,200km in 47 months
=919km/month
=574mi/month

I wish I could commute on my bike, as do all the other riders here, but it would be a pointless tempting of fate to commute on two wheels and only a matter of time before my head exploded in the bumper-to-bumper traffic or I got killed by a driver in that same ridiculous traffic. I rode to the office once on a Sunday...once...I will NEVER ride to work again, even on a weekend!!

Fortunately I have the option to ride the train and as much as NJ Transit sucks I'm not in danger of being killed by an endless hoard of cars and trucks rushing to get into the Lincoln or Holland tunnels.

Ah, the joys of working in the NYC region while living in the Jersey suburbs.
I’d only commute regularly to work if I lived AND WORKED in a small town of @ 4,000 to 10,000 people and my ride was less than a couple of miles...

I live and work in a metro area of 6.2m people, so my riding is purely recreational and spiritual lol...

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
HA, MIAMI is the worst. When I ride, I am very fortunate not to be the victim of a vehicular man slaughter incident at least 4x that day. I ride always next to the shoulder on the nbr 1 lane or the nbr 3 lane. Gives me ample time to avoid the morons changing lanes and veering into me. Im surprised my aftermarket horn hasn't stopped working form all the use it gets. I was passing one of those mega churches and some idiot pulls out of the parking lot into my lane and forced me to miss a tree with my front tire only inches from the trunk of said tree AND they had the audacity to get out of the car and argue with me. I politely told the Dad of the troupe of 3 teenage sons, that my gloved hand or helmet would not feel very nice on his face if he didn't back up. I swung at the tree and watched the armored knuckles of the glove rip off some bark. I once again politely told all of his sons whose first. Adrenaline was raging as I almost died. In the end no apology and drove off. I ride with my go-pro ALL the time now.

·
Registered
161 Posts
HA, MIAMI is the worst. When I ride, I am very fortunate not to be the victim of a vehicular man slaughter incident at least 4x that day. I ride always next to the shoulder on the nbr 1 lane or the nbr 3 lane. Gives me ample time to avoid the morons changing lanes and veering into me. Im surprised my aftermarket horn hasn't stopped working form all the use it gets. I was passing one of those mega churches and some idiot pulls out of the parking lot into my lane and forced me to miss a tree with my front tire only inches from the trunk of said tree AND they had the audacity to get out of the car and argue with me. I politely told the Dad of the troupe of 3 teenage sons, that my gloved hand or helmet would not feel very nice on his face if he didn't back up. I swung at the tree and watched the armored knuckles of the glove rip off some bark. I once again politely told all of his sons whose first. Adrenaline was raging as I almost died. In the end no apology and drove off. I ride with my go-pro ALL the time now.
Miami is gross, but not nearly as bad as Houston...

Here is a quick synopsis of the article from 2016 detailing the Houston having the deadliest roads in this nation - only college kids who can only afford used sport bikes commute everyday on a motorcycle in Houston, because the odds of dying are exponentially high...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/Houston-s-roads-drivers-are-nation-s-most-12865072.php

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Miami is way too far down that list! There is rumor that they are going to introduce lane a splitting law in Florida. Yeah....I aint doing that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I wanna ride to central Texas to meet up with Jet Peddler, and that would be a @ 320 mile round trip in one day...

Would be “fun”, but I’ve never really tried to sustain 75-80mph winds on my bike for more than 10 minutes...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts