Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got just over 11k on my 06 Classic. Bought it brand new in December 2010. I get high 30's on the interslabs and low 30's around town.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got about 36k on mine. Lived 100 miles from work for several years and made the trip every day. That is where most of it came from. Only had a couple of issues. First - every once in a while the this wont completely turn over. I have to back off of the starter button and hit it again and it will go. Shop could never replecate when I had it in.

The other issue is that the bike never wants to turn toward work. She always wants to head to the coast or some such nonsense. I can't take her to lunch anymore because I have to report rider-napping to work. She just refuses to go near that place after leaving it. Sometime in the mornings, I have to really reign her in just to get to work. It really is a horrible thing.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The other issue is that the bike never wants to turn toward work. She always wants to head to the coast or some such nonsense. I can't take her to lunch anymore because I have to report rider-napping to work. She just refuses to go near that place after leaving it. Sometime in the mornings, I have to really reign her in just to get to work. It really is a horrible thing.
Mine does the same thing. I guess all Vulcan 1600's must have this 'malfunction'. It's only 24 miles to work but every time I ride the bike it wanders off course and I rack up 40 or 50 miles ;>)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'll bite. I have 7700 on my 06 Mean Streak. Bought it last fall with 6500 miles on the clock. Just dropped off the rear wheel to get the original factory tire replaced. Bike looks new and has been debadged. I'm very happy to see a lot of higher mileage 1600 engines here. I'm hoping this bike will last me a good ten years or until I can't ride any more. It's a very fun bike to ride and is much sportier than my previous bike - a Harley Ultra that was still running strong with 100k on the odometer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My 07 Nomad rolled over to 85,000 km last fall when I parked it (about 53,000 miles). Works real good, so good that I'm planning a 6000 mile road trip with it next fall, on top of my usual 7000 mile season.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great news! I know water cooled engines tend to last longer but again it's very reassuring to see higher mileage numbers on these bikes. I started riding bikes in the 1960s and back then bike motors weren't known for as long a life - car engines were considered toast after 100k mi. Later, I remember being impressed when my '78, KZ650 odometer hit 35,000mi. It looks like 100,000mi is very likely now if a bike engine is taken care of.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts