Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just hit 35,000 on my '05. Bought it 22 months ago with 12.4K on it so I'm averaging 1K amonth. No garage queen here!

·
Registered
46 Posts
2300. i just bought it with 1700 miles. i had to replace the clutch because it was rusted up from lack of use. i hope to get lots of trouble free miles now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
2300. i just bought it with 1700 miles. i had to replace the clutch because it was rusted up from lack of use. i hope to get lots of trouble free miles now.
Sticking clutchs from non-use is a common ailment of these bikes. Sounds like yours sat a long time!

The only other common problem they seem to have (that I'm aware of) is the clutch push rod seal might start leaking. If one day you find oil is dripping from the bottom of the engine right behind the kickstand it's probably the push rod seal.

It's an easy fix and the new seal only costs about $7.

·
Registered
239 Posts
2003 with around 30k right now. That will be going up quickly this year.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just hit 10K yesterday on my 2005. Bought it December 2010 with 5300 on it.
Looking at all the higher mileages y'all are posting makes me love my bike even more, if that's possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
37,500 or so I put the last 10k on it. .."like a lion". Runs like a champ. No worries .. Would like better
Mileage, thanks Power Commander. Plugs when the cold idle goes south.....

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
26 Posts
I get 34 to 36 mpg on premium . If I could keep my wife off the back probably better.. She keeps my upper back warm??? Can't tell her no

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
441 Posts
The mpg on these 1600's varies considerably depending on how hard you drive it. The best I've seen was 46, the worst 38. Usually mine gets 40 mpg.
Just short of 36,000 miles now and runs great!

·
Registered
239 Posts
The mpg on these 1600's varies considerably depending on how hard you drive it. The best I've seen was 46, the worst 38. Usually mine gets 40 mpg.
Just short of 36,000 miles now and runs great!
I usually get between 38 - 45 mpg with my '03, depending on city or highway riding. I'm anxious to see I'll have much variance once I install my Rostra electronic cruise control - at least on the highway riding.

·
Registered
149 Posts
3,000 miles on my 07 Nomad. I got it at the end of last year's riding season. I hope to put many more miles on her this summer. Gas mileage so far stinks, 34mpg.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts