Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3.. this just happens too often for it to be anomoly.. I need get me a GoPro cam and splice together video segments and post a compilation of these events on Utoob.. I am not kidding. this phenomena is just to circumspectful to be coincidence..
Again! today I rode the goose, my california v14 guzzi home from work. the freeway was a mess. I jumped some backroad and worked my way around town.. in the traffic were 3 hardley'ittes in the right lane just tooling in traffic. my lane advanced some and I was alongside these neanderthals.. they didnt have to be. they chose to be. they took one look at me on my bike and gave me the "who the f are you look".

when riding.. as much as I do, come accross a lot of fellas on all kinds of sleds. including hardley ablesons.. most will wave, nod, smile or in some way acknowledge your existance.. I am talking about riding in the same direction, often aside or passing, and even when stopped either at a lite or a fuel station.
Butt for some reason, the magic number is 3, when in numbers, these pakratts refuse to acknowledge another rider unless he is on one of their brand..
how would I know this? I told you I ride a lot, only recently scaled back to 24k miles/yr. and Yes I own and ride hardleys.. so this observation is from, soon to be empirical evidence.. the unfortunate thing is that this kind of behavior is not just prevalent in the hd kulture, it is bred beginning with and at the mfg.. hardley thinks they are superior and if you ride one you must be also..
well I gott to tell you. its not so. I have em. I ride em. I wrench on them. theyr nuthin special. on a good day, theyr ok. on a good day. not everyday is good on a hardley. as they would have you believe. but thats a diff story.

I have gotten to the point where I dont care to be around folks who ride hardleys w/attitudes.. its too bad, there are some good folks still on those bikes. poncho

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Ponch;

Good assessment for both bikes and riders...

When I was a young pup an old "sea dog" I worked with told me, "Pigs is pigs". Not much you can do about it. The old saying, "trying to teach a pig to tap dance only frustrates you and pisses off the pig... " is so true. Let them enjoy their ignorance...

WEG

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Well put Ponch. I've seen it many times myself. Mostly they are just happy to be riding, but then you get the ones who think you are not good enough to ride the same roads if not on a Harley. They say you dont understand until you ride one. Well I did, an 09 Ultra Glide, then I bought a Voyager after deciding against a Vision. It was the only bike I couldnt wait to get home to get off of, guess I still dont get it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Can't stand people like that, but I don't let it get me down. I actually find humor in their ignorance. I am about a 10k/yr rider and most of it is solo commuting to work. I get all these odd looks too because I ride an HD Ultra Limited and wear full face helmet, joe rocket "Crotch Rocket" jacket and gloves where most people are sporting tank tops, shorts and tennis shoes with no helmet. I just shake my head and go on, just like they do with me.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I agree with you Ponch, I have noticed the same, when they are in a group, super unsocial.. But get them by them selves, and wave, talk what have you. But ohh well.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Better watch out Ponch!

That kind of talk isn't welcome around here.
Harley Davidson is sacrosanct!
It won't be long before someone's calling you petty for not ignoring the disrespect, calling you a brand basher, then calling for this thread to be closed.

I'd love to see any videos you compile though.:D

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
The Banditos are watching you PONCH!!! hahahaha

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Banditos are watching you PONCH!!! hahahaha
I am the Frito Bandito.. I like Frito cornchips, I like them, I do! I like them so much, I take them from you!.. aye yi yi yi.. poncho

btw, real banditos ride busa's

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think we all get the same treatment. However, for me I see that in the Spring time most " riders" are just so happy to be out in the wind they'll wave at a bicycle. I'v got to admit I get the biggest kick when I get a wave for a kid.
So remember to keep some faith because there are still good people all around us. Remember, it says way more about them than it does about you.

Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff.

Ron

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Heck, I found myself giving the 2 fingers down to a moped, looked like a sport bike till I got up on it.. hahahah

·
Registered
482 Posts
Have a friend who just went from a roadstar 1700cc to a streetglide, she swore she would never be one of those harley folks, even admits her roadstar was a better riding bike, but she like the streetglide because "there is just something about it" good reasoning i guess, but whatever "something" is, its made her into a metric bashing she b!tch, hasnt been a month riding the streetglide

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Must have been a tasty batch...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Have a friend who just went from a roadstar 1700cc to a streetglide, she swore she would never be one of those harley folks, even admits her roadstar was a better riding bike, but she like the streetglide because "there is just something about it" good reasoning i guess, but whatever "something" is, its made her into a metric bashing she b!tch, hasnt been a month riding the streetglide
As bad as a "she b!itch" is...I prefer them to male b!tches.:D

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
so she cant quite articulate what that something special is?.. kinda like that Matthews fella describing the tingle up his leg, no doubt..

that something special is ALL BETWEEN THE EARS.. much like druggs. they'v bought/drank into the myth that Hardley is "Special" therefor they are now "Special"..

I have/had plenty hardleys and metrix and a few machines that dont fit either catagory. There is NOTHING Special about Hardley.. its all Hype and Myth.. but if you have self acceptance issues you may feel the need to belong to a group of "SPECIAL" whatever..
A key part of this group think (and this starts at the top, harley mfg) is to draw a line around those inside the circle and those outside.. It mite even be fair to call these folks RACer'IST (as that is the PC term used so freely to shut people up) but these bikes they ride are anything but Race compatible..

So, its really not about the bikes, or even the brand.. its about the InBred atti'TOOD.
not long ago, folks with this same kind of small mindedness were classified as resident terrorist and wore labels imbedded with K's..

·
Registered
482 Posts
ironically, she is of the group mentallity trying to fit in, was miserable when she wasnt part of WITW RC,always concerned with biker code, biker image i.e perfect for HD. My biker code is if im cool, and your cool, then we are cool, as for biker image, i am who i appear to be nothing more nothing less. We need more riders, less bikers, and those attitudes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.