Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See pic. I use a lamp on the floor, sit on the bike - simple.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
seen almost the same thing on a FB group. Except no mirror he just used the camera on his phone.

·
Registered
814 Posts
See pic. I use a lamp on the floor, sit on the bike - simple.
I do the same and you do need an external light source. I shine a penlight on the mirror directed to the sight glass.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I pick the same trick up from one of the other forums.
Also if the bike is on a level surface, while on the side stand and running the oil level will be spot on.

·
Registered
729 Posts
No not a ideal way to first check, but you can check while running and not have to wait a few minutes to check then start up again.

·
Registered
186 Posts
How to check oil level with a mirror on a stick

I always wondered why they put a sight window on a bike with no center stand. Anyways I came up with a mirror and light combo. I got a extension type mirror from Harbor Freight and a mini light then used wire-ties to secure the light to the mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
This mirror and light has been posted several times by me. I like it because I can sit on the bike and keep it level.....good idee.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I knew I picked that trick up from one of you guys! Thanks sage.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
331 Posts
Using mirrors for a different perspective...

Interesting...

Gonna have to ask the wife what she thinks about that !!!

Luckymann77

·
Registered
82 Posts
wish I'd thought of that. Instead I asked the wife to sit on the bike while I checked. She then decided that a bigger bike was ok and not too heavy. Thus we had to sell her Rebel and bought a '09 Vulcan 500 which she loves. I must remind her all the time that speed limits do apply to motorcycles. Plus the 500 is faster than my 900LT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts