Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ur best bet for finding out for sure is to have someone follow in a car or use a gps. Welcome to the boards by the way.

·
Registered
657 Posts
100 kph is 1/4 the speed of a loud phart in a quiet room full of snobby people!!!
(sorry, I'm in one of those moods tonight)

Assuming your speedo is 10% high like most everyone elses, that's 90 kph which is about 57 mph...

·
Registered
782 Posts
100 kph is 1/4 the speed of a loud phart in a quiet room full of snobby people!!!
(sorry, I'm in one of those moods tonight)

Assuming your speedo is 10% high like most everyone elses, that's 90 kph which is about 57 mph...

Jeez, this poor guy is going to need a laptop, a calculator and a slide rule just to figure out his true speed. Where the heck did he get a kph speedo anyway. But you guys are correct. Several of the local shops say that the speedos on motorcycles are usually about 10% slow. I always subtract 5mph from the reading when I am riding. I had my wife follow me and she said this was close enough to keep from getting any tickets. For me, in a 55 zone, I go about 65 so that I am at about 60 in reality. You know the old cop saying, "At 9 you're fine, but at 10 you're mine!" Of course I have never actually heard any cops say that, but it sounds good doesn't it?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I read somewhere that the vn900 was calibrated to indicate 9% faster than actual speed.... 60=55.(something geez now we're getting fussy here) mph

·
Registered
256 Posts
I went through a radar speed sign at 110kph and the sign said 99. That's 10% out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts