Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to take my first out of town trip on the Voyager. It looks like I will get into some rain, possibly heavy at times. I will probably be on superslab for some of the rain and back roads at other times.

How weatherproof are the saddlebags and the trunk? I can put everything in plastic bags if I have too, but I would rather not.

I never had a problem with the Leatherlyke bags on my Sabre. I rode thru some hellacious storms, too. I have a co-worker that has to wrap up anything he doesn't want to get wet in his bags. Hmm, he does ride a Harley, though. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I ride in rain a lot. Unless you over pack them and the lid does not shut good, they do not leak. Have never seen any water in them after a wash.

I use regular non waterproof nylon bags for my cloths and other items.....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have never had a drop of moisture invade the dry spaces on either of my 1700's.

When I first bought the Nomad the latches were so far out of adjustment they probably would have leaked but that was one of the first things I corrected.

I don't leave the house in rain but in the southeast it is not uncommon to be riding in 90 degrees with the sun shining in your eyes and be getting hammered by quarter sized rain drops at the same time. The bags and tour pack have never leaked

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! Thanks!

·
Registered
894 Posts
High and dry here too!

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Hope to see you and Bones in a couple of days!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts