Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confusion abounds at the dealership, no one is sure how the IC works! Purchased Aria helments with J&M electronics(radio sounds great) and waiting for passenger connector that connects to the system under the seat. The parts-man is not sure we will be able to use the intercom sys. since we didn't buy all the parts from Kawi. So now I am confused! With a 7 pin connector it would seem once we are both connected to the system we could communicate, am I wrong?

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello VMaxed,

Thanks for the info. My wife has the same system as mine, her helmet will plug directly to the Kawi plug. Is the PTT required for the passenger to talk or does the system auto mute the radio when the passenger talks. Since I bought this Voyager as a Mothers Day Gift, she does not like sitting on her new thrown and not telling me what to do ;)

Richard

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
RichVal,

We also use the set up vmaxed does. The push to talk is not really, it still is vox, but as he says the volume is good. My hearing is not so good, so I can crank the volume, and my wife can turn it down on her end. The IC is good as a whole, just need full coverage or 3/4 helmets, and I prefer 1/2.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Introduction
Burn and I were working with the new Sena SMH10 intercom system one day last week, when suddenly we realized that a new day has finally dawned for motorcycle communications.

What might be called the first "Gen 1" Bluetooth intercom systems that we reviewed about 3 years ago were difficult to use. Communication of any type involved a series of obscure and illogical button-pushing sequences that challenged the gray cells of young and old alike, to a point where the intercoms were best left at home.
So why the spam for Sena? I really wanted to go wireless for my wife's sake, but there is not a system out there where the passenger and rider can be wireless while the rider hooks into the integrated system. I looked at them all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts