Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Honda CB1100

Well I am saying goodbye to Kawasaki bikes for the time being. I just traded in my Vulcan 1700 Classic for a new retro-looking Honda CB1100. This is my third different bike since Jan. 2012 haha...I guess my mid life crisis is still in full swing, something about turning that magical age of 50 :eek:

I will still be perusing this forum as I've gotten so much info/entertainment from the good folks on here the past couple years.

Just thought I'd share some pics of the new ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wow, sweet bike...if a mid life crisis involves getting a new bike every few months then I'm looking forward to a mid life crisis. Enjoy your new Honda, I wish you many happy miles before your next one:D:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
.......if a mid life crisis involves getting a new bike every few months then I'm looking forward to a mid life crisis...
it ain't all lollypops an' unicorns, trust me.... ;)

Wow, what a great bike! I love it! (needs clip-ons and a cafe seat...)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Awesome! Saw one at a dealer not too long ago. Super sharp!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like it, it looks much like old school (1960's) design. Kinda like the old CB750 on steroids.

I agree...

I fell in love with this bike a few months ago. Every time I went to the Harley/Honda dealer to get parts for my sons dirt bike I would see this bike and finally after a few visits I felt I had to have it.

It definitely is different than the two Vulcans I had the last couple years, not in a good way or bad way, just different.

The first time I fired up the engine I couldn't believe how quiet it was, no louder than a hair dryer. I could even hear my cell phone ring in my pocket while I was driving down the road which never happened to me before on my cruisers.

The riding position is more upright than a cruiser, stock seat is actually pretty comfy.

The engine is a very peppy five-speed that cruises nicely at highway speed. The dual front brakes are fantastic.

This bike has been in production since 2010 and available overseas since then. It hit the U.S. in March I believe. Sticker price was $9999 but I got it for $9499 since it had 200 'Demo' miles on it.

Overall I really like the bike. I bought it because most of my riding is little one hour jaunts around town and I wanted something light and nimble. It weighs in at around 540 lbs. wet. In a perfect world I would have liked to have kept my Vulcan 1700 too but Mrs Blockhead would have a fit so this is my choice of rides for now...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My mid - life check book limits my mid - life needs , I'd prolly have half a dozen bikes if not for that.

Enjoy your new ride .

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sweet ride! I saw one last month on the road and it grabbed my attention. There's something almost irresistible to to those of us that started riding way back in the early seventies!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I ran into a young 74 year old today on a 1979 Honda CBX he was trying to sell because he had bought the 1100CB. He told me he liked it so much he had already sold his 1981 CB750.

·
Registered
245 Posts
fun

Great looking bike--looks like fun. It's hard to make up your mind when there are so many bikes out there. And who REALLY wants to let you try out their brand new motorcycle just to see if you want one???

SOMETIMES my husband and I think about how much money we've spent on dirtbikes, dirtbikes for our sons, streetbikes, my mega-scooters, a sidecar, motorcycle camping trailer, trailer for motorcycles, trips across country, rallies for 2 bikes since I ride my own, maintenance, loss of money when selling a perfectly good bike to get something we just had to have, perfectly useless accessories and gear that we had to have............ BUT WE DON'T DWELL ON IT TOO LONG. If you take the number of $$$$$ and divide it by the hours of fun you have on your motorcycle .... well, maybe it's better just to get out and ride.

Just so you know, we've been married for almost 40 years, so all the MX $$ was spread out a bit.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Great looking bike--looks like fun. It's hard to make up your mind when there are so many bikes out there. And who REALLY wants to let you try out their brand new motorcycle just to see if you want one???

SOMETIMES my husband and I think about how much money we've spent on dirtbikes, dirtbikes for our sons, streetbikes, my mega-scooters, a sidecar, motorcycle camping trailer, trailer for motorcycles, trips across country, rallies for 2 bikes since I ride my own, maintenance, loss of money when selling a perfectly good bike to get something we just had to have, perfectly useless accessories and gear that we had to have............ BUT WE DON'T DWELL ON IT TOO LONG. If you take the number of $$$$$ and divide it by the hours of fun you have on your motorcycle .... well, maybe it's better just to get out and ride.

Just so you know, we've been married for almost 40 years, so all the MX $$ was spread out a bit.
All the enjoyment they brought you ........... priceless :D

·
Registered
45 Posts

Yup, we are all fortunate to have lives that allow us these luxuries.

(37 years married here :) )

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
it ain't all lollypops an' unicorns, trust me.... ;)
Yeah, it is. On my second bike in twenty months, wife is now an ex, outkicked my coverage catching the girlfriend I've got, the boat runs great and the kids are good. Fiftieth bday is just a few weeks away and I'm still on the right side of the dirt.

Blockhead, your new scoot looks great

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love this new picture....

Yeah, it is. On my second bike in twenty months, wife is now an ex, outkicked my coverage catching the girlfriend I've got, the boat runs great and the kids are good. Fiftieth bday is just a few weeks away and I'm still on the right side of the dirt.

Blockhead, your new scoot looks great
Thanks for the compliment.

Heres another picture, the Jesus carving really adds to it. Great day of riding today, perfect weather!

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
I really like this model. If I was able to have a second bike, it'd be a real toss-up between the CB1100 and a Triumph Bonneville...gotta love that retro look and feel.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts