Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something isn't working correctly in the "Options" setup on my Control Panel. I have repeatedly requested that I NOT be notified by email of posts to threads that I'm subscribed to, but I continue to get emails notifying me of these posts.

I would like to stop these email notifications, but can't get them stopped. Can some moderator help me with this issue? I would sure appreciate it if they could.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Actually found it.....

1) Go to "User CP"
2) Settings & Options
3) Edit Options
4) Messaging & Notifications
5) Default Thread Subscription Mode
6) Select in the drop down menu "No email notification"

This will allow you to subscribe to a thread without the email.

Should be good to go.... ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually found it.....

1) Go to "User CP"
2) Settings & Options
3) Edit Options
4) Messaging & Notifications
5) Default Thread Subscription Mode
6) Select in the drop down menu "No email notification"

This will allow you to subscribe to a thread without the email.

Should be good to go.... ;)
Yep, that's precisely what I've done about 4 or 5 times, but I'm still getting the email notifications. What's next? :confused:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
set up an account with a free email service (yahoo, gmail,...) and reset your email notification address to that one. That way they can send all the emails they want and you'll only see them when you feel like looking. I do this with EVERY site I have to register for. I check the address roughly once a month to clean it out and see if there's anything I should keep or respond to.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
set up an account with a free email service (yahoo, gmail,...) and reset your email notification address to that one. That way they can send all the emails they want and you'll only see them when you feel like looking. I do this with EVERY site I have to register for. I check the address roughly once a month to clean it out and see if there's anything I should keep or respond to.
I suppose that would work, but my problem is that I use my gmail account for all email...... including from this site. Guess I'm just screwed unless I can get a moderator to make a change to something. :(

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I like this idea. I think I'll change mine.

I suppose that would work, but my problem is that I use my gmail account for all email...... including from this site. Guess I'm just screwed unless I can get a moderator to make a change to something. :(
Yep. Need a moderator or admins help. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I go one step further and choose "Do not subscribe" from the options page. Also, any time you reply, if you click "Go Advanced" first you can scroll down to Additional Options and choose your subscription or lack thereof before you post.

Just to make sure, after your changed your options, you went to the bottom of the page and clicked "Save Changes" right? Not an insult to your intelligence but if you aren't familiar with the software it may not be obvious.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I go one step further and choose "Do not subscribe" from the options page. Also, any time you reply, if you click "Go Advanced" first you can scroll down to Additional Options and choose your subscription or lack thereof before you post.

Just to make sure, after your changed your options, you went to the bottom of the page and clicked "Save Changes" right? Not an insult to your intelligence but if you aren't familiar with the software it may not be obvious.
Yes, I clicked on "Save Changes". No offense taken for the suggestion. I've been known to overlook the obvious before. :)

I suppose that I could choose not to subscribe, but really I'd like to be subscribed to any thread that I start or post in. I just don't need a half dozen or so email notifications in my In-Box each day telling me that someone else has posted on the threads.

Oh well, it's not a big deal. I can live with it. It's just a minor inconvenience. I'm just puzzled as to why the software isn't working correctly in my case.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
are you just getting notifications from threads you have already subscribed too, or are you getting e-mails from new threads?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I was just wondering if those UserCP settings are only proactive with subscribed threads and not retroactive. If so you may want to go to the UserCP settings and then go to "List Subscriptions" and then delete all the ones you have already subscribed too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are you just getting notifications from threads you have already subscribed too, or are you getting e-mails from new threads?
Hmmmm, good question. I'll start a new thread in this (900) forum right now. I'll title it "Test Post". If you'll respond to it, then I'll find out.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Hmmmm, good question. I'll start a new thread in this (900) forum right now. I'll title it "Test Post". If you'll respond to it, then I'll find out.

Thanks
Pour it on it. Either there or in the test forum. I will keep an eye out and test that theory out.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
The other option is to make a folder in gmail then set a filter to move everything from the forum to it. You can then delete them whenever you feel like it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like SWVA was correct on this notification issue. When I made the change in my Options to No Email Notification, that affected only the threads that came after that date. Any thread that I had participated in before that date was still subject to the notification selection I had previously made.

Also, when I looked at a list of my Subscribed Threads a few minutes ago, it showed the notification selection of each thread. Some were listed as "Instant" notification. Some were listed as "Weekly" notification. And some were listed as "None".

So I suppose that the notification selection in the Options folder is working OK. It just doesn't change the notification of all the old threads I had posted on. It changes only the new threads I post on.

Thanks to everyone, especially SWVA, for helping me with this issue. :)

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
You're welcome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts