Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I finnally got pictures of my 2008 Vn 900 classic on my computer and I would like to put them on this forum, but I don't know how. I must say that I am computer illiterate, I know just enough to make me dangerous. So if any one has some very easy to follow instructions on how to post pitcures please let me know. Thanks a bunch!! And good riding while the weather holds. I feel lucky I have only had to drive the car to work maybe 3 times in the last 3 months.
Thanks again for the help.:):confused:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Click the "Post Reply" button.
In the "Reply to Thread" window, type the text part of your message. Then scroll down to "Additional Options". You'll see "Attach Files". Click on "Manage Attachments".
When the Attachment window opens, click "Browse". Locate your photo image file and click "Open". Now click "Upload".
Now the file name should appear in the window labeled "Current Attachments".
Click "Close this Window" and then click "Submit Reply".

Sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. And, you're right, the weather's been great. I'm in Wayne Cnty, NY (not that far from Stueben).

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
:confused:I finnally got pictures of my 2008 Vn 900 classic on my computer and I would like to put them on this forum, but I don't know how. I must say that I am computer illiterate, I know just enough to make me dangerous. So if any one has some very easy to follow instructions on how to post pitcures please let me know. Thanks a bunch!! And good riding while the weather holds. I feel lucky I have only had to drive the car to work maybe 3 times in the last 3 months.
Thanks again for the help.:):confused:
I have had the best luck with storing my photos at photobucket.

1. When you create your post, click on the littler square tool with a mountain. A place to paste a link will pop up.
2. Open a 2d window and go to your photobucket account.
3. Click on the photo you want. A small cell phone looking thing will open on the left, copy the "Direct Link"
4. Copy the link, past it into the forum link.
5. Submit post.

This has an advantage over uploading directly from your computer because the system automatically resizes the image. I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Click the "Post Reply" button.
In the "Reply to Thread" window, type the text part of your message. Then scroll down to "Additional Options". You'll see "Attach Files". Click on "Manage Attachments".
When the Attachment window opens, click "Browse". Locate your photo image file and click "Open". Now click "Upload".
Now the file name should appear in the window labeled "Current Attachments".
Click "Close this Window" and then click "Submit Reply".

Sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. And, you're right, the weather's been great. I'm in Wayne Cnty, NY (not that far from Stueben).
Every time i try it it tells me my pics are to big, how do you resize ???

·
Registered
742 Posts
if you use photobucket it automatically resizes for you... then you can either post a link to them or post the actual image code so the image shows up in your post

like this:

·
Registered
208 Posts
What brand head light is that jagered? Sorry to hijack your thread Bucky, just had to ask.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks!

I have had the best luck with storing my photos at photobucket.

1. When you create your post, click on the littler square tool with a mountain. A place to paste a link will pop up.
2. Open a 2d window and go to your photobucket account.
3. Click on the photo you want. A small cell phone looking thing will open on the left, copy the "Direct Link"
4. Copy the link, past it into the forum link.
5. Submit post.

This has an advantage over uploading directly from your computer because the system automatically resizes the image. I hope this helps.
Hey great info worked like a charm, can't wait to put up some pics now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts