Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I just recently bought a 07 Vulcan VN900 Classic (private sale) and I didn't get an owners manual with it but I am wondering how to get my seat off because I want to clean under it. I have a owners manual on order but it will take a week or so at the dealer. Has anyone had their seat off and can tell me how to do it. I don't see any mounting bolts on mine.

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
382 Posts
once you remove it a few times, it gets easier.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Yeah, the custom's helmet lock is under the seat, in a stinkin' awkward spot too. Hang a full face helmet on that thing, and the helmet covers the keyswitch to release the seat again. Makes for some FUN times!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, the custom's helmet lock is under the seat, in a stinkin' awkward spot too. Hang a full face helmet on that thing, and the helmet covers the keyswitch to release the seat again. Makes for some FUN times!
Hahaha.........I found that out also. That is pretty much useless.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all of you...I got the seat off. The key was a little stiff at first but I ended up getting it off ok.

You guys are a great help...thanks again!!!:)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Was the owners manuel under the seat?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL...no it wasn't there...I checked the dealership for an owners manual and it is $70. I wish I could find a cheaper one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same year and model bike but I have a Corbin seat. Do you think the process to get the seat off is the same? Do you out the key in the ignition or the bike right next to it?

·
Registered
409 Posts
LOL...no it wasn't there...I checked the dealership for an owners manual and it is $70. I wish I could find a cheaper one.
$70.00!?! That must be for the service (shop) manual. You can download the owners manual for your bike for free on Kawasaki's website. It covers most of the basic stuff (including seat removal).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have the same year and model bike but I have a Corbin seat. Do you think the process to get the seat off is the same?
The process should be the same, as the Corbin seat should attach the same way as the stock seat

Do you out the key in the ignition or the bike right next to it?
Not sure what you are asking here

·
Registered
221 Posts
Do you out the key in the ignition or the bike right next to it?
The seat release is on the left side cover. (see photo). Use your ignition key. Turn and the seat should release and pop up. My Mustang seat is heavier than the OEM seat so it doesn't pop up, but it releases, so I have to keep the key turned until I grab the back of the seat and pull it up, otherwise it will re-lock if I let the key go back to the off position.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks guys. There was a pulley I had to tug on to release the seat while turning the key. Pretty easy once I knew where everything was Lol.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks guys. There was a pulley I had to tug on to release the seat while turning the key. Pretty easy once I knew where everything was Lol.
You shouldn't have to tug on that pulley. Maybe it needs lubricated or adjusted?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts