Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Vulcan 900 classic. I installed a set of Cobra dragsters (no baffles) and I just installed a Cobra FI2000 (I plan to install an open air cleaner of some sort when money allows). Does anyone have any idea of what the settings on the FI2000 should be or an easy way to figure it out? The green light setting of 4 seems to be ok, I changed the yellow light setting to 7 and the throttle response seems to be better, I have no idea how to set the red light setting or if any of my settings are anywhere near right? Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cobra Fi2000r Setings

I have a 2007 Vulcan 900 classic. I installed a set of Cobra dragster longs and I just installed a Cobra FI2000 (I plan to install an open air cleaner of some sort when money allows). Does anyone have any idea of what the settings on the FI2000 should be or an easy way to figure it out? The green light setting of 4 seems to be ok, I changed the yellow light setting to 7 and the throttle response seems to be better, I have no idea how to set the red light setting or if any of my settings are anywhere near right? Anyone have any suggestions?
I have 900 classic 2009. cobra longs, cobra Fi2000r, K&N air filter. Baffels that came in pipes are free flow still in, Loud. The 3 pot settingts on my bike are
1 - set at 0 - green - Idel to 3000
2 - set at 2 - yellow - 3000 above
3 - set at 0 - red - - full throtel.
go to crobra.com they have info on their site. Pops a little but that sounds like a growel, real cool. Runs great.

Lou

Attachments

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Bill how did it go let me know .
Lou
Pretty good (and easy). I've got a stock air cleaner with a K&N filter, and stock exhaust with the screens drilled out ("Stage I debaffle"). So I didn't really need this thing, but I may get new pipes and I thought even stock, this might get me a little extra something. It helped a little, about what you'd expect for a near stock bike.

My settings ended up being: 1st pot 4.5, 2nd pot 0, 3rd pot 0. Again, about what one would expect for a mostly stock bike.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a 2007 Vulcan 900 classic. I installed a set of Cobra dragsters (no baffles) and I just installed a Cobra FI2000 (I plan to install an open air cleaner of some sort when money allows). Does anyone have any idea of what the settings on the FI2000 should be or an easy way to figure it out? The green light setting of 4 seems to be ok, I changed the yellow light setting to 7 and the throttle response seems to be better, I have no idea how to set the red light setting or if any of my settings are anywhere near right? Anyone have any suggestions?
Well that setting of 7 seems alittle high(just sayin)their are alot of posts on here about this but i bet if you tune it to 2-2-1, 3-2-1 you might find it to be to your liking,This will very from different elevations in the USA,but the settings above seem to be about the norm on here as you know the stock Fi2000 settings are 4-2-0 but can change with pipes,big air kits.the last setting should not need to go beyond 1 unless your doing head work ,cams ,ECT....I was running mine at 3-2-1 and have since dropped down to 2-2-1 and am very happy with the results.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks mag,I actually had a post on here about that,that is similar to what bill posted,when you get a chance to try it you will be able to feel the difference when you turn that 2nd pot,when it feels like it wants to keep pulling your right in the sweet spot.I got tired of messin with mine and just went out and found a long straight less traveled no houses or traffic backroad and let her eat,And yes their is a difference when that Fi2000 is tuned,At least from what i can feel, just remember small increments and you do not have to be right on the numbers indicated for each pot, they are only their to remind you as to running rich or lean.let us know how it goes and hopefully you will like the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts