Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a post with .txt and .pdf attachments, and now would like to delete both because they have my address and phone number on them. I went to edit the post but don't see how to delete them.
Also, is there any way I can remove my personal information from this .pdf (that was sent to me) so I can re-attach it to my original post?

Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think if you are signed into the forum, and go to your original post it will give you a button at the bottom that says "edit". Once you click that, you should also then have an option that says something like "advanced edit". Click on that and you should be able to see your original post and change most anything you want to.

I'm not sure about editing a PDF file - I think that is pretty hard without special software. The only thing I would try with normal software would be to try and copy the text and paste it into MS Word, then edit if possible and repost as a Word document.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Like the above poster said, click 'edit' then 'advanced' and down below you should see a 'manage attachments' button. When you click that button you'll see a menu to upload new attachments but you'll also see your existing one, along with a 'remove' button.

Because of your concerns I went ahead and deleted the attachment for you in case you didn't read this until later.

As far as PDF editing, you'll need something that will convert a PDF into a format you can use (like .docx for MS Word). Google around and you can find some, potentially with a free trial you can use. To actually edit a PDF you need Adobe Acrobat ($449!) or another PDF editing software which will likely be expensive, as licensing from Adobe isn't cheap (they charge a lot to license other software to edit PDF files). Usually the conversion is a better option.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You could just take a screenshot of the document, manipulate it however you like, then post it as a picture.
There are also free programs you can get that will print anything into PDF so if you want to stick with that format, you can take and fix the screenshot then "print" it as a PDF and post it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I've asked the sender to delete my info and resend the pdf so I'll wait to see if they will. Easiest for me!
If not i'll try the advice from here.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sender gave me a copy without my personal info, so I've re-attached it.
Thanks for the help.
Great forum!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Garry, you have a lot of kms on that bike - what have you had to do to keep it going besides regular maintenance ??

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All my bikes seem to get a lot of kms, not sure how that happens. ;)

I'm quite fussy about maintaining the bike, a list of parts replaced is in the other thread. The key (IMO) to getting long service life from my bikes is to keep them mechanically stock, original parts, and follow the manufacturers recommended service.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sounds like your process is working :)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
All my bikes seem to get a lot of kms, not sure how that happens. ;)

I'm quite fussy about maintaining the bike, a list of parts replaced is in the other thread. The key (IMO) to getting long service life from my bikes is to keep them mechanically stock, original parts, and follow the manufacturers recommended service.
All good points.

A lot of people don't realize that aftemarket engine components, and adding more horsepower, generally reduces engine life. More power means more heat, which wears down on components. Most aftermarket components screw with the air/fuel mixture, which can cause the bike to run too rich or too lean, etc. etc.

Perfectly fine if you want that performance, but it comes at a price! You can get 400 horsepower out of a small block V8, or you can get 400 horsepower out of a big road tractor engine that weighs almost as much as the car the smallblock V8 was in! You might think it's the same 400 horsepower, but in fact that 400 horsepower Detroit Diesel is going to go much, much father than that small V8. The more power and heat you cram into an engine of a given size, the quicker it wears out. Either make the motor bigger, or just accept the reduced reliability and longevity!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts