Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out that the drain field or leach field on our septic system is toast and as I was wrapping my mind around that, I get a call from a hospital that my 86 year old Mother slipped while cutting her lawn and broke her ankle in three places! Spent the weekend driving 12 hours to get there and back. Fun stuff! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I finallized my divorce after getting up late and all most missed the court date. Sorry to hear about your mother I hope she recovers ok.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mom, Nomad. I hope it turns out well for her. Septic problems suck too.. not cheap either.

But really... 86 and mowing her yard? Doesn't she have any grandkids?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sorry about your mother. Maybe it's time to take her mower away or replace it with a rider??

I wish we closer cuz I could help you out with that septic problem. :(

Better luck on the next Fri/13th!!

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about your mom, Nomad. I hope it turns out well for her. Septic problems suck too.. not cheap either.

But really... 86 and mowing her yard? Doesn't she have any grandkids?
She's a stubborn woman. She is very spry for her age and longevity is in her genes. Her parents and all siblings lived well into their 90's. All of them! I am the only kid so her grand kids are 5 1/2 hours away. Her home is on the water, built by my Dad (deceased) and her attachment to this land/property is strong. She did say to me "this is a wake up call" so maybe, just maybe she will consider moving but I won't believe it till I see it. Dirt roads and she can go weeks seeing no other people 'cept the mail lady. Still out there driving, terrorizing folks on the road. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
My daughter got into an accident on Friday. Wasn't her fault but really scared her because she had a 7 month old baby in the car with her. The lady that hit her was pregnant and had 2 kids in her car. Fortunately there were no injuries to anyone involved.

About 2 hours later my 10 year son gets off the bus and apparently another boy on the bus was choking him to the point of my son passing out. The bus driver had to stop of course and break it up and fill out the reports and I had to show him proper self defense but he's ten, thought I had a couple more years before that happened.

Sorry about your mom Nomad. My grandpa has a cabin on Mille Lacs lake. I need to get back up that way one of these days. When I do we should get together and do some fishing.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Spent my 13th going down to San Antonio picking up my bike and bringing her back home. Me and my friend made a 13/14 trips that day. I got great gas mileage on the way home with her, 306 miles to the 0 gallon. It was amazing.;) I'll never see that again.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts