Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying 2010 Voyager. Is there any way I can tell by looking at the bike whether or not it has ABS?

Thanks,
Nolancar:smile2:

·
Registered
278 Posts
It will have a K-ACT Sticker on each side of the front fender unless the owner removed it like I did to all my stickers.

It will also have an orange color ABS warning light on the dash that will light up when started until you start moving.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It will have a slotted silver disc on the left side of the front wheel, and a sensor mounted near it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would work. I'm guessing it is not going to have it, but it would be fantastic if it did.

Nolan

·
Registered
278 Posts
I first had ABS on an '08 HD Ultra Classic. After that I vowed to never buy a new bike without ABS. I now have a '15 Voyager and Kawasaki has done the ABS system much better then Harley did on the '08.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Same here JD. Now that I have ABS; I'll never own a bike without it. It's absolutely fantastic.

Just to add; the 'slotted disc' (usually called an exciter ring) will be present on any motorcycle with ABS.

In case you're ever curious! That's the key component that makes the wheel speed sensor work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts